KVS PGT Syllabus 2023: KVS PGT Syllabus 2023 is notified by the Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) in its latest notification that has been released by it. The candidates who are going to fill the application form for KVS PGT Exam must have a thorough understanding of KVS PGT Syllabus 2023 to crack the exam. By knowing the KVS TGT syllabus you can ensure perfect preparation for the KVS TGT 2023 exam. In this article, we have discussed the detailed KVS PGT Syllabus 2023, exam pattern, marking scheme and complete information related to KVS PGT Exam 2023.
KVS PGT Syllabus 2023
The KVS PGT Exam 2023 will be held online mode from 16th to 20th February 2023. The duration of the exam is 180 minutes. There will be 180 questions asked in the exam. Check the important details regarding KVS PGT Syllabus 2023 tabulated below:
|KVS Post Graduate Teacher Syllabus 2023|
|Recruitment Body||Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan|
|Recruitment||KVS PGT Recruitment 2023|
|Post Name||Post Graduate Teacher (PGT)|
|Exam Level||Central level Exam|
|Mode of Exam||Online (Computer Based Test)|
|Exam Duration||180 minutes|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark|
|Selection Process||Written + Interview|
KVS PGT Exam Pattern 2023 (Revised)
The given KVS PGT exam pattern shall give you a good idea of the paper pattern and marking scheme. Check the details below:
- KVS PGT Paper is divided into 4 parts- Part I, Part II, Part III and Part IV.
- There will be 20 questions from General English and General Hindi subjects in Part I.
- In Part-II, there will be 20 questions asked from General knowledge & Current Affairs, Reasoning Ability, and Computer Literacy.
- In Part III, There will be 40 questions asked from Perspectives on Education and Leadership and from Part IV, 100 questions will be asked about the concerned subject.
- The duration of the KVS PGT Exam is 3 hours (180 minutes).
- The mode of KVS PGT Exam 2023 will be online (Computer Based Test).
|Test||Subjects||Number of Question||Total Marks||Time|
|Part – I||General English||10||10||3 Hours (180 minutes)|
|Part – II||General knowledge & Current Affairs||10||10|
|Part – III||Perspectives on Education and Leadership||40||40|
|Part – IV||Concerned Subject||100||100|
KVS Post Graduate Teacher Syllabus 2023
Candidates who will apply for the KVS PGT exam 2023 should have good knowledge about the KVS Syllabus 2023 for PGT Exam to score well in the exam. Candidates can check the detailed syllabus for each part i.e. Part I, Part II, Part III and Part IV mentioned below..
KVS PGT Part I Syllabus 2023
In KVS PGT Part 1, the questions will be asked from General English and General Hindi. Below, we have discussed the KVS PGT Part 1 Syllabus in detail. Candidates can refer Part 1 Syllabus from it to know the topics which will be asked in the KVS PGT Exam 2023.
KVS PGT Syllabus for General English
The following are the topics that are need to be covered in the General English syllabus-
- Verb and its types
- Tenses and their forms
- Voice (Active Voice and Passive Voice)
- Subject-Verb Agreement
- Unseen Passages
- Synonyms, Grammar
- Idioms & Phrases, etc.
- Fill in the Blanks. Adverb, Error Correction
- Sentence Rearrangement
KVS PGT Syllabus for General Hindi
The topics that are needed to be covered under General Hindi are as follows-
- Translation of Sentences
- Fill in the Blanks
- Plural Forms etc.
- Error Detection
- Phrases or Muhavare
KVS PGT Part II Syllabus 2023
KVS PGT Part II consists of questions from General knowledge & Current Affairs, Reasoning Ability, and Computer Literacy subject. The detailed KVS PGT Syllabus for Part II has been discussed below.
KVS PGT Syllabus for General Knowledge and Current Affairs
In General Knowledge and Current Affairs, the following are the topics needed to be covered-
- Important Days
- Indian History
- Important Books and Authors
- Important Terms in General Polity
- All important Indian National Movement
- Important Awards and Honors
- International & National Organization
- Science – Inventions & Discoveries
- Budget and Five Year Plans
- Current Affairs – National & International
- Indian Economy, Capitals of India
- Sport and important events in sports
- Countries & Capitals
- Science & Technology
- Sports and Important events
KVS PGT Syllabus for Reasoning Ability
The following are the topics that comes under Reasoning Ability syllabus-
- Arithmetic Number Series
- Spatial Orientation
- Relationship concepts
- Arithmetical Reasoning
- Non-verbal series
- Figures Classification
- Analogies, Discrimination
- Letter and Symbol Series
- Visual Memory
- Similarities and Differences
- Spatial Visualization
- Verbal Classification
- Coding and Decoding etc.
- Number Series
- Essential Part
- Verbal Reasoning, Logical Problems
- Statement and Conclusion
- Statement and Argument
- Letter and Symbol Series
- Theme Detection,
- Cause and Effect
- Logical Deduction,
- Artificial Language
KVS PGT Syllabus for Computer Literacy
The following are the topics that are needed to be covered in the Computer Literacy syllabus-
- Important Terms & Computer Basics
- Paint Brush Use
- About Desktop and Computer Peripherals
- Word Processor and important terms related to it
- Formatting Word Document,
- Computer History
- Word Processor
- Exploring Windows
- PPT or Powerpoint Presentation, etc.
- Computer History
KVS PGT Part III Syllabus 2023
There will be 40 questions asked from Perspectives on Education and Leadership subject in Part III. The detailed Perspectives on Education and Leadership syllabus has been discussed below.
(i) Understanding the Learner (10 questions)
- Concept of growth, maturation and development, principles and debates of development, development tasks and challenges
- Domains of Development: Physical, Cognitive, Socio-emotional, Moral etc., deviations in development and its implications.
- Understanding Adolescence: Needs, challenges and implications for designing institutional support.
- Role of Primary and Secondary Socialization agencies. Ensuring Home school continuity.
(ii) Understanding Teaching Learning
- Theoretical perspectives on Learning -Behaviorism, Cognitivism and Constructivism with special reference to their implications for:
vii. The role of teacher
viii. The role of learner
- Nature of teacher-student relationship
- Choice of teaching methods
- Classroom environment
xii. Understanding of discipline, power etc.
- Factors affecting learning and their implications for:
- Designing classroom instructions,
- Planning student activities and,
- Creating learning spaces in school.
- Planning and Organization of Teaching-Learning
viii. Concept of Syllabus and Curriculum, Overt and Hidden Curriculum, curriculum organization
- Competency based Education, Experiential learning, etc.
- Instructional Plans: -Year Plan, Unit Plan, Lesson Plan
- Instructional material and resources
xii. Information and Communication Technology(ICT) for teaching-learning
xiii. Evaluation: Purpose, types and limitations. Continuous and Evaluation, Characteristics of a good tool.
xiv. Assessment of learning, for learning and as learning: Meaning,
considerations in planning each.
(iii) Enhancing Teaching Learning processes: Classroom Observation and Feedback,
Principles of Comprehensive purpose and Reflections and Dialogues as a means of constructivist teaching
(iv) Creating Conducive Learning Environment
- The concepts of Diversity, disability and Inclusion, implications of disability as social construct, types of disabilities-their identification and interventions
- Concept of School Mental Health, addressing the curative, preventive and promotive dimensions of mental health for all students and staff. Provisioning for guidance and counseling.
- Developing School and community as a learning resource.
(v) School Organization and Leadership
- Leader as reflective practitioner, team builder, initiator, coach and mentor.
- Perspectives on School Leadership: instructional, distributed and transformative
- Vision building, goal setting and creating a School development Plan
- Using School Processes and forums for strengthening teaching learning-Annual Calendar, timetabling, parent teacher forums, school assembly, teacher development forums , using achievement data for improving teaching —learning, School Self Assessment and Improvement
- Creating partnerships with community , industry and other neighboring schools and Higher Education Institutes — forming learning communities
(vi)Perspectives in Education
- Role of school in achieving aims of education.
- NEP-2020: Curriculum and Pedagogy in Schools: Holistic & Integrated Learning; Equitable and Inclusive Education: Learning for All; Competency based learning and Education.
- Guiding Principles for Child Rights, Protecting and provisioning for rights of children to safe and secure school environment, Right of Children to free and Compulsory Education Act, 2009.
- Historically studying the National Policies in education with special reference to school
- School Curriculum Principles: Perspective, Learning and Knowledge, Curricular Areas, School Stages, Pedagogy and Assessment
KVS PGT Part IV Syllabus 2023
The questions in the Part IV will be asked from concerned subjects. The following are the concerned subjects for the KVS PGT Exam 2023-
- Commerce and Computer Science
KVS PGT Syllabus 2023- FAQs
Q1. What is the KVS PGT Syllabus 2023?
Ans. The KVS PGT Syllabus for Post Graduate Teacher has been discussed in detail in the article.
Q2. What is the mode of the KVS PGT Exam 2023?
Ans. The KVS PGT Exam will be conducted in online mode.
Q3. How many questions will be asked in the KVS PGT Exam 2023?
Ans. There will be 180 questions asked in the KVS PGT Exam 2023.
Q4. What is the syllabus for General English for the KVS PGT Exam?
Ans. The syllabus for General English for the KVS PGT Exam has been discussed in detail in this article.