UPTET Recruitment 2021
UPTET 2021: UPTET is a state-level exam conducted by Uttar Pradesh Basic Education Board (UPBEB). The Uttar Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test (UPTET) exam is conducted once a year for the recruitment of primary teachers (classes 1-5) and upper primary (junior) teachers (classes 6-8) in schools of Uttar Pradesh. UPTET, is the minimum qualification required in Uttar Pradesh for a person to be eligible for appointment as a teacher for Classes I to VIII. Uttar Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test (UPTET) 2021 notification has been postponed due to a surge in COVID cases in India.
UPTET 2021 notification which was scheduled to be released on May 11, 2021 has been postponed now till further notice. The new UPTET notification 2021 will be released soon. Over 17 lakh candidates appear for UPTET exam every year. The Official Notification link will be mentioned below once it has been released by UPBEB.
The exam date for UPTET 2021 exam has not been released yet. As per the latest notice, UPTET 2021 examination for Primary & Upper Primary level will be released by UPBEB along with its notification. However, given below are tentative dates for UPTET 2021 exam:
|UPTET 2021 Events||Date|
|UPTET 2021 Notification||Postponed|
|UPTET 2021 Application Form starts on||Postponed|
|UPTET 2021 Application Form ends on||-----|
|Last Date for Making Fee Payment||-----|
|Last Date to Printout the application form||-----|
|Release of Call Letter||-----|
|UPTET Exam Date 2021||-----|
|Release of answer key||-----|
Note: UPTET 2021 Examination will be conducted in 2 sessions. The Primary Level Teachers exam will be held in the morning session (10:00 to 12:30) and Upper Primary Level Teachers in the evening session (02:30 to 05:00).
The online application process for UPTET 2021 exam will be started post the release of official notification. All candidates can apply online for this exam by clicking on the link mentioned below which will be added here on 18th May.
Last Year, over 16 lakh candidates registered for UPTET exam as compared to nearly 18 lakh registrations done in 2018. Out of the total applications received in 2019, over 10.5 lakh registrations were done for paper-I and over 5.5 lakh registrations were done for paper-II.
|Year||Registration for Primary Level||Registration for Upper-Primary Level||Total Registration|
The category wise online application fee for UPTET 2021 Paper-I & Paper-II exam is mentioned below:
|CATEGORY||Only Paper – I or II||Both Paper- I & II|
|Differently Abled Person||Rs.100/-||Rs.200/-|
Candidates must apply after reading the eligibility criteria to appear in the Paper-I and Paper-II of UPTET 2021 exam: Here are the broad pointers:
UPTET Eligibility for Paper-I (Primary-Level Teachers): The applicants need to satisfy any one of the criteria given below to meet UPTET eligibility for Paper-I:
- Candidates should clear graduation in any discipline from UGC recognized Universities/Institutions. However, after the completion of graduation, pursuing two-year Diploma in Elementary Education (DElEd) is mandatory. Candidates in final year of DElEd are also eligible to apply
- Candidates should clear their graduation and post that should pass the Basic Training Certificate (BTC) for distance education. Candidates in final year are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates should clear graduation or post-graduation with minimum 50 percent marks. Along with this, candidates should also be pursuing Bachelor of Education (BEd).
- Candidates should clear graduation or post-graduation with minimum 45 percent marks. Along with this, candidates should also complete BEd.
- Candidates should complete their graduation along with BTC in Urdu. Candidates in final year are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates should complete their graduation and also possess a diploma in teaching from Aligarh Muslim University.
- Candidates should have completed their graduation and acquired the degree of Moavill-E-Urdu before August 08, 1997.
- Candidates should complete their class 12th with minimum 50 percent marks. Along with this, candidates should also complete the four-year duration Bachelor of Elementary Education (BElEd).
UPTET Eligibility for Paper-II (Upper Primary-Level Teachers): The applicants have to satisfy any one of the criteria given below to gain UPTET eligibility for applying in Paper II:
- Candidates should complete their graduation from a recognised college or university. Along with this, candidates should also complete two-year duration DElEd (BTC).
- Candidates should clear graduation or post-graduation with minimum 50 percent marks. Along with this, candidates should also complete BEd/ BEd Special Education. Candidates in the final year of BEd/ BEd Special Education are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates should complete their class 12th with minimum 50 percent marks. Along with this, candidates should complete four-year duration BScEd/ BSc BEd from a UGC/ National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) recognised institution. Candidates in the final year of BScEd/ BSc BEd are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates should complete their class 12th with minimum 50 percent marks. Along with this, candidates should also complete four-year BElEd. Candidates in the final year of BElEd are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates should complete their graduation with minimum 50 percent marks. Along with this, candidates should also complete one-year duration BEd. Candidates in the final year of BEd are also eligible to apply.
Candidates should be between 18 and 35 years of age to apply for UPTET exam. However, there is no limit on the number of attempts that candidates can take for UPTET exam.
UPTET selection process includes the following stages:
Step 1- UPTET exam consists of two papers. Paper-I needs to be given by aspirants who plan to teach classes 1-5. Paper-II needs to be given by candidates who plan to teach classes 6-8. Candidates who plan to teach classes 1-8 need to appear for both the papers.
Step 2- UPTET result is announced by UPBEB on the official website of the exam. Candidates scoring minimum 60 per cent marks in the written test are declared UPTET qualified.
Step 3- Candidates qualifying the written test are issued an eligibility certificate by UPBEB. Candidates having the certificate are eligible to apply for teaching jobs in the schools of Uttar Pradesh. The validity of UPTET eligibility certificate is five years.
UPTET Exam Pattern 2021 for Primary Stage (Paper I for class I to class V),
Duration of Examination: Two and a half hours (150 minutes)
|UPTET 2021 Topics||No of Questions||Marks|
|Child Development and Pedagogy||30||30|
|Language I (Hindi)||30||30|
|Language II (English/ Urdu/ Sanskrit)||30||30|
UPTET 2021 Exam Pattern for Junior Level Teachers (Paper II for Classes VI to VIII)
Duration of examination: Two-and-a-half hours (150 minutes)
|UPTET 2021 Topics||No of Questions||Marks|
|Child Development and Pedagogy||30||30|
|Science and Mathematics (OR)
UPTET Syllabus 2021 is released every year along with its official website by Uttar Pradesd Basic Education Board (UPBEB) . The UPTET syllabus for paper-I and II will contain list of subject and topics from which questions will be asked in the teacher eligibility test. Candidates can check UPTET 2021 Syllabus. It is a good strategy to go in and out of the syllabus of the exam before start preparing for the exam.
The admit card for any govt. exam will be released after the application process for the same has ended. The admit card for UPTET 2021 Paper-I & Paper-II exam will be issued to candidates on 14th July 2021.
The result for UPTET 2021 will be released after each phase of the exam is completed. The answer key for UPTET 2021 exam will be declared first followed by the result for the same. The result for UPTET 2021 exam will be released on 20th August 2021.
UPTET 2021 Cut-Off will be declared once the result for the same has been released.
Q1. When is the UPTET 2021 exam expected to be conducted?
UPTET 2021 exam is scheduled to be conducted on 25th July 2021.
Q2. Is UPTET conducted in online mode?
No, UPTET exam is conducted in offline mode (pen-and-paper based test).
Q3. What is the validity of UPTET eligibility certificate?
The UPTET eligibility certificate is valid for a period of 5 years.
Q4. How many times can a candidate attempt for UPTET Exam?
There is no limit on the number of attempts for appearing in UPTET Exam. A person already qualified can also appear again for improving his/her score.
Q5. Is UPTET 2021 exam be postponed?
The Official Notification for UPTET 2021 exam has been postponed till further notice. Earlier it was scheduled to be released on 11th May 2021 at the official website of UPBEB i.e. https://updeled.gov.in.