Table of Contents
KVS PRT Syllabus 2023: Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) has released 6414 Primary Teacher vacancies through KVS Notification 2023. The B.Ed graduate candidates interested in the KVS PRT posts must go through the detailed and updated KVS PRT Syllabus 2023 to understand the criteria for the Primary Teacher Exam. In the article below, we have discussed the complete KVS Primary Teacher Syllabus, Exam Pattern, Marking Scheme, topic-wise marking distribution, and complete details related to KVS PRT Exam 2023.
KVS PRT Syllabus 2023
KVS PRT Exam will be conducted as Computer Based Test and there will be 4 papers with 180 questions asked. The duration of KVS PRT CBT is 2 hours 30 minutes.
|KVS Primary Teacher Syllabus 2023|
|Recruitment Body||Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan|
|Recruitment||KVS PRT Recruitment 2023|
|Post Name||Primary Teacher|
|Exam Level||Central level Exam|
|Mode of Exam||Online (Computer Based Test)|
|Exam Duration||2 hours 30 minutes|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark|
|Selection Process||Written + Interview|
KVS PRT Exam Pattern 2023 (Revised)
The revised KVS Exam Pattern for Primary Teacher exam has been discussed in the below section.
- KVS Primary Teacher Paper is divided into 4 parts with 180 MCQs for 1 mark each.
- The medium of exam will be English & Hindi.
- The duration of KVS PRT Exam is 2 hours 30 minutes (180 minutes).
- Perspectives on Education and Leadership subject is included in KVS PRT Exam Pattern 2023.
- The mode of KVS PRT Exam 2023 will be online (Computer Based Test).
|KVS PRT Exam Pattern 2023|
|Parts||Subjects||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|Part- I||General English||10||10||2 Hours 30 minutes
|Part-II||General Awareness & Current Affairs||10||10|
|Part-III||Perspectives on Education and Leadership||60||60|
KVS Primary Teacher Syllabus 2023
Go through the detailed and updated KVS Syllabus 2023 for Primary Teachers (PRT) Exam for all parts to understand the level of questions to be asked in the exam.
KVS PRT Syllabus 2023 for Part 1
KVS Primary Teacher Part 1 consists of questions from General English and General Hindi. The detailed KVS PRT Syllabus for Part 1 has been updated here.
KVS PRT Syllabus for General English
Go through the topics to be covered under General English section as listed below-
- Fill in the Blanks
- Error Correction
- Sentence Rearrangement
- Unseen Passages
- Subject-Verb Agreement
KVS PRT Syllabus for General Hindi
The topics to be covered in General Hindi section are as follows-
- उपसर्ग एवं प्रत्यय
- वाक्य निर्माण
- समानार्थी शब्द
- विराम चिन्हों की पहचान एवं उपयोग
- मुहावरे एवं लोकोक्तियाँ
- देशज एवं विदेशी शब्द
KVS PRT Syllabus 2023 for PRT
KVS Primary Teacher Part 2 consists of questions from General knowledge & Current Affairs, Reasoning Ability, Computer Literacy, Pedagogy, and concerned subject. The detailed KVS PRT Syllabus for Part 2 has been updated here.
|KVS PGT Paper 2 Syllabus 2023|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||
KVS PRT Syllabus 2023 for Part 3
(a) Understanding the Learner
• Concept of growth, maturation and development, principles and debates of development, development tasks and challenges
• Domains of Development: Physical, Cognitive, Socio-emotional, Moral etc., deviations in development and its implications.
• Understanding Adolescence: Needs, challenges and implications for designing institutional support.
• Role of Primary and Secondary Socialization agencies. Ensuring Home school continuity.
(b) Understanding Teaching Learning
• Theoretical perspectives on Learning -Behaviorism, Cognitivism and Constructivism with
special reference to their implications for:
• The role of teacher
• The role of learner
• Nature of teacher-student relationship
• Choice of teaching methods
• Classroom environment
• Understanding of discipline, power etc.
• Factors affecting learning and their implications for:
• Designing classroom instructions,
• Planning student activities and,
• Creating learning spaces in school.
• Planning and Organization of Teaching-Learning
• Concept of Syllabus and Curriculum, Overt and Hidden Curriculum
• Foundational Literacy and Numeracy, Early Childhood Care and Education
• Competency-based Education, Experiential learning, etc.
• Instructional Plans: -Year Plan, Unit Plan, Lesson Plan
• Instructional material and resources
• Information and Communication Technology(ICT) for teaching-learning
• Assessment of learning, for learning and as learning: Meaning, purpose and considerations in planning each.
• Enhancing Teaching Learning processes: Classroom Observation and Feedback, Reflections and Dialogues as a means of constructivist teaching
c) Creating Conducive Learning Environment
• The concepts of Diversity, disability and Inclusion, implications of disability as social construct, types of disabilities-their identification and interventions
• Concept of School Mental Health, addressing the curative, preventive and promotive dimensions of mental health for all students and staff. Provisioning for guidance and counselling. Developing School and community as a learning resource.
(d)School Organization and Leadership
• Leader as a reflective practitioner, team builder, initiator, coach and mentor.
• Perspectives on School Leadership: instructional, distributed and transformative
• Vision building, goal setting and creating a School Development Plan
• Using School Processes and forums for strengthening teaching learning-Annual Calendar, time-tabling, parent-teacher forums, school assembly, teacher development forums , using achievement data for improving teaching-learning, School Self Assessment and Improvement
• Creating partnerships with community, industry and other neighbouring schools and Higher Education Institutes — forming learning communities
(e)Perspectives in Education
• Role of school in achieving aims of education.
• NEP-2020: Early Childhood Care and Education: The Foundation of Learning ; Foundational Literacy and Numeracy; Curriculum and Pedagogy in Schools: Holistic & Integrated Learning; Equitable and Inclusive Education: Learning for All; Competency based learning and Education.
• Guiding Principles for Child Rights, Protecting and provisioning for rights of children to safe and secure school environment, Right of Children to free and Compulsory Education Act, 2009, Historically studying the National Policies in education with special reference to school education;
• School Curriculum Principles: Perspective, Learning and Knowledge, Curricular Areas, School Stages — Pedagogy & Assessment.
KVS PRT Syllabus for Concerned Subjects (Part 4)
The concerned subjects included in KVS PRT Syllabus are as follows-
- Commerce and Computer Science
KVS PRT Syllabus for General Science
The living world, The universe, Matter, Motion, Food, Plant and animals, Force and motion, atoms, gases, energy, acceleration, Our Country, Our environment, Natural resources
KVS PRT Syllabus for Maths
Number System, LCM & HCF, Geometry, Mensuration, Profit & Loss, average, percentage, Ratio and Proportion, Speed, distance and time, CI & ST, linear equation, Shapes & Measures, Size, etc.
KVS PRT Syllabus for Environmental Science
Democracy, Panchayat, Population Growth, Disease, Natural Calamities, Air, water, Soil, Resources, development, Map of India, Nation Freedom Movement, culture, Five yr Plans, Transportation, Communication, etc.
|KVS Syllabus 2023||KVS Salary 2023|
|KVS Vacancy 2023||KVS TGT Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2023|
|KVS Previous Year Question Paper PDFs||KVS PGT Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2023|
KVS PRT Syllabus 2023- FAQs
Q1. What is updated KVS PRT Syllabus 2023?
Ans. The detailed and updated KVS PRT Syllabus for Primary Teacher has been discussed in the article.
Q2. What is the duration of KVS PRT Exam?
Ans. The duration of KVS Primary Exam is 2 hours 30 minutes.
Q3. What is the mode of KVS PRT Exam 2023?
Ans. KVS PRT Exam 2023 will be Computer Based Test and conducted in online mode.
Q4. How many questions are to be asked in KVS PRT 2023 Exam?
Ans. As per revised KVS PRT Exam Pattern, there will be 180 questions in KVS PRT 2023 Exam.