CBSE Class 10 Maths Syllabus 2022-23
CBSE Class 10 Maths Syllabus 2022-2023: The pattern in the subject of Mathematics has undergone changes in accordance with the growth of the subject and the emerging needs of society. The curriculum at the Secondary stage primarily aims at enhancing the capacity of students to employ Mathematics in solving day-to-day life problems and studying the subject as a separate discipline. It is expected that students should acquire the ability to solve problems using algebraic methods and apply the knowledge of simple trigonometry to solve problems of height and distance. Carrying out experiments with numbers and forms of geometry, framing hypotheses and verifying these with further observations form an inherent part of Mathematics learning at this stage. The proposed curriculum includes the study of the number system, algebra, geometry, trigonometry, mensuration, statistics, graphs and coordinate geometry, etc.
Class 10th Maths Syllabus 2022-2023
To perform well in Class 10 Mathematics students need an intense practice of the concepts covered in the CBSE Class 10 Maths Syllabus for the academic session 2022-23. The CBSE 10th Maths syllabus 2023 Exam contains details of the entire course structure, the marks weightage for different units, etc. So, as you start your preparation you must always keep the Class 10 Maths Syllabus NCERT at hand. The CBSE Class 10th Maths Syllabus for the academic session 2022-23 does not have any reductions and students must note that they are required to prepare the syllabus in full for the final examinations.
CBSE Class 10 Maths Syllabus 2022-23
In the Class 10 Maths Syllabus 2022-23 has given 5 units and 8 chapters which have been indexed in the below table.
|CBSE Class 10 Maths Syllabus 2022-23|
|VII||Statistics & Probability||11|
Class 10 Maths Syllabus- Unit 1- Number System
Chapter 1- Real Numbers
Fundamental Theorem of Arithmetic - statements after reviewing work done earlier and after illustrating and motivating through examples, Proofs of the irrationality of √2, √3, √5
Class 10 Maths Syllabus- Unit 2 -Algebra
Zeros of a polynomial. Relationship between zeros and coefficients of quadratic polynomials.
Chapter-2. Pair of Linear Equations in Two Variables
Pair of linear equations in two variables and graphical method of their solution, consistency/inconsistency.
Algebraic conditions for a number of solutions. Solution of a pair of linear equations in two variables algebraically - by substitution, by elimination. Simple situational problems.
Chapter-3. Quadratic Equation
- Standard form of a quadratic equation ax² + bx + c = 0, (a ≠ 0).
- Solutions of quadratic equations (only real roots) by factorization, and by using quadratic formulas.
- Relationship between discriminant and nature of roots.
- Situational problems based on quadratic equations related to day-to-day activities (problems on equations reducible to quadratic equations are excluded).
Chapter-4. Arithmetic Progression
- Derivation of the nth term and sum of the first n terms of A.P.
- Their application in solving daily life problems.
- Applications based on the sum to n terms of an A.P. are excluded.
Class 10 Maths Syllabus- Unit 3 Coordinate Geometry
Review: Concepts of coordinate geometry, graphs of linear equations. Distance formula. Section formula (internal division).
Class 10 Maths Syllabus- Unit 4 Geometry
Definitions, examples, counter examples of similar triangles.
- (Prove) If a line is drawn parallel to one side of a triangle to intersect the other two sides in distinct points, the other two sides are divided in the same ratio.
- (Motivate) If a line divides two sides of a triangle in the same ratio, the line is parallel to the third side.
- (Motivate) If in two triangles, the corresponding angles are equal, their corresponding sides are proportional and the triangles are similar.
- (Motivate) If the corresponding sides of two triangles are proportional, their corresponding angles are equal and the two triangles are similar.
- (Motivate) If one angle of a triangle is equal to one angle of another triangle and the sides including these angles are proportional, the two triangles are similar.
- Tangent to a circle at, the point of contact
- The tangent at any point of a circle is perpendicular to the radius through the point of contact.
- The lengths of tangents drawn from an external point to a circle are equal.
Class 10 Maths Syllabus- Unit 5-Trigonometry
Chapter 1. Introduction of Trigonometry
Trigonometric ratios of an acute angle of a right-angled triangle. Proof of their existence (well defined); motivate the ratios whichever are defined at 0o and 90o. Values of the trigonometric ratios of 30°, 45°, 60°. Relationships between the ratios.
Chapter-2. Trigonometric Identities
Proof and applications of the identity sin²A + cos²A = 1. Only simple identities to be given.
Chapter-3. Heights and Distances-Angle of elevation, Angle of Depression
- Simple problems with heights and distances.
- Problems should not involve more than two right triangles.
- Angles of elevation/depression should be only 30°, 45°, 60°.
Class 10 Maths Syllabus- Unit 6 -Mensuration
Chapter-1. Areas Related to Circles
Area of sectors and segments of a circle. Problems based on areas and perimeter/circumference of the above-said plane figures. (In calculating the area of a segment of a circle, problems should be restricted to the central angles of 60°, 90° and 120° only.
Chapter-2. Surface Area and Volumes
- Surface areas and volumes of combinations of any two of the following: cubes, cuboids, spheres, hemispheres and right circular cylinders/cones.
- Problems involving converting one type of metallic solid into another and other mixed problems.
Class 10 Maths Syllabus- Unit 7 -Statistics & Probability
- Mean, median and mode of grouped data (bimodal situation to be avoided).
- Mean by Direct Method and Assumed Mean Method only.
Chapter-2. Probability: Classical definition of probability. Simple problems on finding the probability of an event.
Internal Assessment – (20 Marks)
|Pen Paper Test and Multiple Assessment||10 marks|
|Lab Practical (Lab activities to be done from the prescribed books)||05 marks|
CBSE Class 10 Maths Syllabus 2023- Objectives
- Integrate the Mathematical skill, technique and knowledge acquired at the upper primary stage.
- Gain knowledge and, particularly by way of visualization, of basic concepts, definitions, principles and symbols and underlying processes and skills.
- Develop Proficiency of basic algebraic skills.
- Develop drawing skills and develop measurements skills for defining areas.
- Feel the flow of reason while proving a result or solving a problem.
- Develop ability to analyze and think logically.
How can I be brilliant in Class 10 maths?
A) Do all of the homework- Don’t ever think of homework as a choice. It’s the most important way that students practise and master the concepts taught in class. Set up a regular time and place that makes doing the homework feel automatic.
B) Fight not to miss class. Math class moves fast, teaching a new concept every day. What students do today builds towards tomorrow. Math punishes absences; to keep up, students have to make time to come back and learn what they missed. So if there’s an optional appointment to be made, take care not to schedule it during math.
C) Analyze and understand every mistake: Our culture has become perfection-focused, and it’s tempting to ignore our mistakes. Students want to pass over a mistake made on homework or a test, to just let it go. But it’s important to fix mistakes and understand why they were made; otherwise, we’re doomed to repeat them. Take time to figure out the thinking behind a mistake, and figure out how to do it right. Ask the teacher if you’re unclear. In advanced classes, it can be helpful to write a paragraph of reflection about why errors were made.
D) Basic skills are essential: Quick: what’s 9 times 7? To be successful, students must be able to answer this correctly in their sleep. The multiplication tables are the basis for most high school math problems. If your child doesn’t know them, practice! Make flashcards, buy a computer program, and practice, practice, practice.