India Post GDS Salary 2023: India Post is conducting Post Office GDS Recruitment 2023 to recruit candidates for the 40889 vacancies of Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS), Branch Postmaster(BPM), and Assistant Branch Postmaster(ABPM)/Dak Sevak. Candidates who are aspiring to appear for this recruitment drive should know all the details related to India Post GDS Salary 2023. India Post GDS Salary is a handsome amount set as per the provisions of the TRCA Slab. Check the article to know India Post Office GDS Salary, basic pay, job profile and other details.
India Post GDS Salary 2023
India Post Office starting pay for GDS/ ABPM is Rs. 10,000/- and for BPM the initial salary is Rs. 12,000/-. Emoluments in the form of Time Related Continuity Allowance (TRCA) plus Dearness Allowance thereon are paid to the Gramin Dak Sevak, Branch Postmaster, and Assistant Branch Postmaster.
|Post Office Salary 2023|
|ABPM/ GDS||Rs. 10,000/- to Rs. 24,470/-|
|BPM||Rs. 12,000/- to Rs. 29,380/-|
India Post GDS Salary Structure
The India Post salary structure for the GDS post of Branch Post Master (BPM), is thoroughly explained through the table below:
|Working Hours||Basic Salary||DA (119%)||Gross Salary||Increment||PTAX||EDGIS|
|Hours upto 3hrs||Rs. 2,045||Rs. 3,261||Rs. 6, 012||Rs. 50||Rs. 110||Rs. 50|
|Hours upto 3hrs 30min||Rs. 3,200||Rs. 3808||Rs. 7,008||Rs. 60||Rs. 110||Rs. 50|
|Hours upto 4hrs||Rs. 3,660||Rs. 4,355||Rs. 8,015||Rs. 70||Rs. 110||Rs. 50|
|Hours upto 5hrs||Rs. 4,575||Rs. 5,444||Rs. 10,019||Rs. 85||Rs. 110||Rs. 50|
India Post GDS Salary 2023- Perks & Allowances
Apart from the basic pay scale, the India Post Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) is also offered with the following perks and allowances.
- Time-Related Continuity Allowance (TRCA)
- Dearness Allowance (DA)
- Applicable TRCA
India Post GDS Salary 2023- Job Profile
The Job Profile of the Branch Post Master includes:
- Day-to-day postal operations of Branch Post Office and India Post Payments Bank (IPPB).
- Marketing and promotions of products and services being provided by Department.
- Operating various services in the Customer Services’ Centres (CSC) of the Department etc.
- Have the overall responsibility of smooth and timely functioning of the Branch Post Office including mail conveyance and mail delivery.
- BPM will be required to do combined duties of ABPMs as and when ordered. Any other work can also be assigned by superiors like IPO/ASPO/SPOs/SSPOs etc.
- The applicant have to provide accommodation for Branch Post Office after selection but before engagement.
The Job Profile of Assistant Branch Post Master include:
- Sale of stamps/stationery, conveyance and delivery of mail at doorstep, deposits/payments/other transactions of IPPB.
- To assist BPM postal operations in a manner as prescribed by the Department from time to time.
- Marketing and promotions of products and services being provided by Department and operating various services in the Customer Services Centres (CSC) of the Department etc.
- ABPM may also be required to do Combined Duty of BPMs as and when ordered in addition to his/her regular duties.
- Any other work assigned by superiors like IPO/ASPO/SPOs/SSPOs etc.
- ABPMs are required to reside within the delivery jurisdictions of the Post Office (HO/SO/BO) concerned.
The Job Profile of Dak Sevak include:-
Dak Sevaks will be engaged in Departmental offices like Sub Post offices, Head Post offices etc.
- Sale of stamps/stationery, conveyance and delivery of mail at doorstep, deposits/payments/other transactions of IPPB and any other duties assigned by Postmaster/Sub Postmaster.
- Dak Sevaks may have to work in sorting offices of the Railway Mail Service (RMS).
- Dak Sevaks in the Mail offices will handle receipt dispatch of mail bags, transhipment of bags etc.
- Dak Sevaks will also assist Post Masters/Sub Postmasters in managing the smooth functioning of Departmental Post Offices
- Dak Sevaks do marketing, business procurement or any other work assigned by the Post Master or IPO/ASPO/SPOs/SSPOs/SRM/SSRM etc.
- Dak Sevaks are required to reside within the delivery jurisdictions of the Post Office (HO/SO/BO) concerned.