The Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru (IISc Bengaluru) is accepting GATE 2024 Registration forms from the students who wish to get admission into M. Tech, other PG courses and for PSU Recruitment. According to the GATE Schedule 2024, the GATE Registration 2024 has been extended till 13th October 2023 at the official website www.gate2024.iisc.ac.in. The graduate students must register themselves online before the last date. The candidates must refer to the details mentioned in the article to make their registration filling process easy and convenient.
GATE 2024 Registration
Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru (IISc Bengaluru) has released GATE 2024 Notification pdf and is conducting GATE Registration 2024 process online. If you are planning to appear for the GATE 2024 Examination, it is important to understand the application process thoroughly. Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)-2024 will be conducted in online mode for 30 Subjects with an addition of two new subject papers i.e. Data Science and Artificial Intelligence. The steps to submit the GATE application form, documents required, application fee, and other details have been discussed in the article.
GATE 2024 Registration Link is now active till 13th October 2023. If preparing for the upcoming GATE Exam, then don’t wait for the last date to submit your application form.
GATE 2024 Registration- Overview
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) Exam is conducted every year and is an Entrance Exam for M.E./ M.Tech/ Ph.D admissions and PSU Recruitment. The complete procedure for GATE 2024 Registration is been conducted at www.gate2024.iisc.ac.in.
|GATE Registration 2024|
|Conducting Body||Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru (IISc Bengaluru)|
|Exam Name||GATE 2024|
|Full Form||Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering|
|Exam Type||Entrance Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|GATE 2024 Registration Last Date||13th October 2023 (Extended)|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Purpose of GATE Entrance Exam||Qualifying Examination for M.E./ M.Tech/ Ph.D admissions and PSU Recruitment|
|No. of Exam Cities||176|
|Exam Centres||Across India|
GATE 2024 Registration Dates
Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru (IISc Bengaluru) has released the complete schedule for GATE 2024 Registration dates. The online GATE 2024 registration has been extended till 13th October 2023. If you miss this last date, you can still fill the GATE online registration form with a late fee. The last date to submit the GATE registration form with a late fee is 13th October 2023. The candidates can check all the important dates regarding GATE 2024 Registration in the below table.
|GATE Registration 2024- Important Dates|
|GATE Notification 2024||30th August 2023|
|GATE 2024 Online Registration Starts From||30th August 2023|
|GATE 2024 Registration Last Date||13th October 2023 (Extended)|
|Last date of online registration/application (with late fee)||13th October 2023|
|Modification in Gate Application Form||7th to 11th November 2023|
|GATE Exam Date 2024||3rd, 4th, 10th & 11th February 2024|
GATE 2024 Registration Link
GATE 2024 Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) has been started on the official website www.gate2024.iisc.ac.in from 30th August 2023 onwards. Make sure you keep your documents updated while filling out your GATE application form. The candidates who are willing to appear for the GATE exam this year must have to submit their duly filled GATE 2024 Registration Form has been extended till 13th October 2023 (without late fee). Once the IISc Bengaluru starts with the GATE Registration process, the direct link has been shared below.
GATE Registration 2024 Application Fees
The application fee for the GATE 2024 exam is different for all categories. The application fee is not refundable or transferable once paid. It can be paid through a credit/ debit card. No cash or any other mode will be accepted. Given below is the complete GATE 2024 Registration fee category-wise. Make sure you make payment as per your category.
|Category||Regular Period||Extended Period|
|SC / ST / PwD* category candidates (per paper)||Rs. 900/-||Rs. 1400/-|
|Female candidates (per paper)||Rs. 900/-||Rs. 1400/-|
|All other candidates including foreign nationals (per paper)||Rs. 1800/-||Rs. 2300/-|
How to Fill GATE 2024 Registration Form?
The candidates have to complete the GATE 2024 Registration to be eligible to appear in the GATE entrance exam. The registration process has been discussed below step by step.
Registration ➤ Application Form ➤ Uploading Images ➤ Fee Payment ➤ Final Submission
Each step for GATE Registration 2024 has been discussed in detail below-
Step 1- GATE 2024 Registration
Candidates have to register themselves through the GATE 2024 Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) by entering their name, email id, and mobile number after which an enrollment ID will be generated. Candidates have to change the password for future login purposes.
- Browse the official page www.gate2024.iisc.ac.in on a laptop or computer with good internet connectivity.
- A new page for GATE 2024 Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) opens.
- Click on “Login” >> “Register” to begin the registration process.
- Enter all the important details like the candidate’s name, valid email id, country of residence, mobile number, and password for future login.
- Click on “Submit” and an OTP is generated which will be shared to your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP correctly to complete the GATE Registration 2024.
- A unique enrollment ID is allotted to the successfully registered candidates. Save it for future use.
Step 2- Application Form Filling
After completing registration, candidates have to login using their enrollment number and password after which an application form appears in which the candidates have to provide personal, academic, and qualification details. candidates will have to choose the preferred exam centres which are given above while filling the online application form.
- Now log in with the unique enrollment ID and password, to begin with the filling of GATE Application form 2024.
- Enter your personal details (name of candidate, father’s & mother’s name, date of birth, nativity etc), academic details (academic qualifications from HSC till graduation), and communication details (current & permanent address).
- Select the GATE paper appearing for. Once the application form is submitted, you can’t change your selected paper.
- Choose three cities for your GATE Exam Centre, wherein the first two centres selected must be from the same zone and the third can be from any GATE 2024 regional zone.
- Enter the photo ID number and type of ID for Photo Identity Proof.
Step 3- Uploading of Documents
Upload the valid ID proof used in the previous step, scanned photograph and photo of signatures in the prescribed size and format. The scanned images of the latest photographs and signature should be clear and in jpg/jpeg format. The size of the photo ID, photograph and signature must be of the following dimensions.
|Photo ID||10 KB to 600 KB|
|Photograph (240 x 320 pixels)||05 KB to 200 KB|
|Signature (80 x 280 pixels)||03 KB to 200 KB|
|Category Certificate (if applicable)||10 KB to 300 KB|
|PwD Certificate (if applicable)||10 KB to 300 KB|
Step 4- Pay Application Fee
- The candidates need to review their application forms and verify all the details entered by them are correct.
- Pay the required GATE 2024 application fees through online mode Net-banking/debit card/credit card. No GATE application form will be accepted without the application fee.
- After the successful payment of the GATE Application fee, submit the GATE 2024 application form.
- Download and save the application form for further reference.
What to do if Forgot your Enrolment ID/Registration ID?
- Go to the GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) page.
- Click on ‘Forgot GATE 2024 Enrolment ID or Registration ID’
- In case you remember your registered Email Address but have forgotten your Enrolment ID or Registration ID, Click on ‘Request for an OTP’ to get One Time Password
- If you already have an OTP, click on “Already have an OTP?” to reset the password
Prerequisites for GATE 2024 Registration
Candidates must note that these are the prerequisites for the GATE Registration 2024:
- Personal information like name, date of birth, personal mobile number, parent’s name, parent’s mobile number, etc.). The candidate’s name must be the same as in the 10th certificate and a valid ID proof.
- Address for Communication with Pin Code.
- Eligibility degree details.
- College name and address with PIN code.
- GATE paper(s) (subject)
- Four Choices of GATE Examination Cities
- A high-quality image of the candidate’s photograph conforming to the requirements specified
- Good quality image of candidate’s signature conforming to the requirements specified
- Scanned copy of Category (SC/ ST) certificate (if applicable) in pdf format
- Scanned copy of PwD Certificate (if applicable) in pdf format
- Scanned copy of Certificate of Dyslexia (if applicable) in pdf format
- Details of the valid photo Identity Document (ID)
- Net-banking/ debit card/ credit card/ UPI details for fee payment
GATE 2024 Exam Centres
IISc Bangalore has released the tentative list of GATE 2024 exam centres along with its official notification. This year, the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) will be held in 176 cities. The candidates are allowed to select the GATE exam centres of their choice while filling out their GATE application forms.
|GATE 2024 Exam Centres|
|Zones||No. of Cities||Name of the cities|
|IISc Bangalore||26||Ananthapuramu, Kurnool, Bagalkot, Ballari (Bellary), Belagavi (Belgaum), Bengaluru North, Bengaluru South, Bidar, Chikkamagaluru, Davanagere, Hassan, Hubballi (Hubli), Kalaburagi (Gulbarga), Kolar, Mangaluru, Manipal, Mysuru (Mysore), Shivamogga (Shimoga), Tumakuru, Kannur, Kozhikode, Malappuram, Palakkad, Thrissur, Hyderabad, Port Blair|
|IISc Bombay||30||Ahmedabad, Anand, Bhavnagar, Gandhinagar, Mehsana, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara, Ahmednagar, Akola, Amravati, Aurangabad, Baramati, Dhule, Jalgaon, Kolhapur, Latur, Mumbai, Navi, Mumbai-Thane, Nagpur, Nanded, Panvel-Raigad, Pune, Ratnagiri, Sangamner-Loni-Shirdi, Sangli, Satara, Solapur, Vasai-Palghar, Goa|
|IIT Delhi||17||Faridabad, Gurugram, Jammu-Samba, Srinagar, Leh, Indore, Ujjain, New Delhi, Ajmer, Bikaner, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Sikar, Udaipur, Greater NOIDA, Mathura|
|IIT Guwahati||18||Itanagar, Dibrugarh, Guwahati, Jorhat, Silchar, Tezpur, Muzaffarpur, Patna, Purnea, Dhanbad, Shillong, Aizawl, Dimapur-Kohima, Agartala West, Asansol-Durgapu, Burdwa, Kalyan, Siliguri|
|IIT Kanpur||12||Bhopal, Gwalior, Agra, Aligarh, Allahabad, Bareilly, Gorakhpur, Jabalpur, Kanpur, Lucknow, Satna, Varanasi|
|IIT Kharagpur||24||Eluru, Kakinada, Rajamahendravaram (Rajahmundry), Srikakulam, Tadepalligudem, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Vizianagaram, Bhilai, Bilaspur, Raipur, Hazaribag, Jamshedpur, Ranchi, Balasore, Berhampur, Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Rourkela, Sambalpur, Baharampur-Murshidabad, Hooghly, Kharagpur, Kolkata|
|IIT Madras||34||Chirala, Chittoor, Gudur, Guntur, Nellore, Ongole, Tirupati, Alappuzha, Aluva-Ernakulam, Kollam, Kottayam, Thiruvananthapuram, Puducherry, Chennai South, Chennai West, Coimbatore, Cuddalore, Dindigul, Kanyakumari-Nagercoil, Madurai, Namakkal, Salem, Thanjavur, Thoothukudi, Tiruchirapalli, Tirunelveli, Vellore, Virudhunagar, Karimnagar, Khammam, Kodad, Nizamabad, Suryapet, Warangal|
|IIT Roorkee||15||Ambala, Hamirpur, Amritsar, Bathinda, Jalandhar, Mohali-Chandigarh, Patiala, Ghaziabad, Meerut, Moradabad, Muzaffarnagar, NOIDA, Dehradun, Haldwani, Roorkee|
|Total Exam Cities||176
GATE 2024 Registration Form Correction
All the applications submitted for the GATE 2024 Exam will be scrutinized for the accuracy of the data. If any error is found in the application form, it will be open for rectification. The GATE 2024 Modified application fees have been given below. The details that can be corrected are:
- Candidate’s name
- Date of Birth
- Name of Parent
- Parent’s Mobile Number
- Correspondence Address
- Qualifying Degree Details
- Category/gender/PwD status/Dyslexia
|GATE 2024 Registration Form Correction Fees|
|Modification||Fees (per paper)|
|Change in Name||Rs. 500|
|Change in Date of Birth||Rs. 500|
|Change in choice of examination cities||Rs.500|
|Change of existing paper||Rs. 500|
|Add a second paper (from given combinations with respect to the primary paper)||Rs.500 plus application fee for the additional paper|
|Change of gender to female||Rs. 500|
|Change of gender from female to any other gender||Rs. 500 + ₹ 900 = ₹ 1400 (For All other candidates)|
|Change of category to SC/ST||Rs.500|
|Change of category from SC/ST to any other||Rs. 500 (For female candidates or PwD candidates)
Rs. 500 + ₹ 900 = ₹ 1400 (For All other candidates)
|Change from Non-PwD/Dyslexic to PwD/Dyslexic|
|Change from PwD/Dyslexic to Non-PwD/Dyslexic||Rs. 500 (For female candidates or PwD candidates)
Rs.500 + ₹ 900 = ₹ 1400 (For All other candidates)
|Any other change in category (not mentioned above)||Rs. 500|
|Details of Parents/Guardian/Correspondence Address||Rs. 500|
|College Name and Location, Roll No., Registration No.||Rs.500|