ISRO Scientist Salary 2023: The Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) has released a notification for 65 posts on its official website at www.isro.gov.in. Candidates who are interested in the posts must be looking for an ISRO Scientist Salary & pay scale. In this article, we have discussed about ISRO Scientist Salary Structure, including details on job profile, pay scale, grade pay, basic pay, benefits, perks and allowances, career growth, and promotional opportunities. The gross salary of ISRO scientists is Rs. 84,360, Along with a handsome salary, there are different allowances and benefits that ISRO Scientists are eligible to receive.
ISRO Scientist Salary 2023
Candidates who are aspiring to appear in this recruitment drive should know all the details related to ISRO Scientist Salary 2023. As per ISRO Scientist Salary, the minimum basic salary is Rs. 56,100/-. The approximate in-hand ISRO Scientist Engineer 2023 Salary could range from Rs.56,100/-. ISRO Scientist’s lucrative salary structure includes basic pay, dearness allowance, HRA, and TA. Other benefits include a uniform allowance, LTC, and paid holidays. Salaries are revised according to the Pay Commission. Read this article to learn detailed ISRO Scientist salary and other information.
ISRO Scientist Gross Salary 2023
Working as a scientist engineer at ISRO is a dream position for many aspiring candidates who wish to be a part of this esteemed government organization. Those preparing for this role are curious to learn about the salary package offered to ISRO scientist engineers after being selected. The following table outlines the gross salary for ISRO scientist engineers:
|ISRO Scientist Gross Salary 2023|
|Components||Gross Salary (in rupees)|
|Dearness Allowance ( 12% of BP )||Rs.6732/-|
|House Rent Allowances ( 24% of BP )||Rs.13464/-|
|DA over TA ( 12% of TA )||Rs.364/-|
|Total (Gross )||Rs.84360/-|
ISRO Scientist Engineer Salary Deductions
The ISRO Scientist salary structure for the Scientist Engineer post is thoroughly explained through the table below:
|ISRO Scientist Engineer Salary Deductions|
|Components||Deductions in Gross Salary (in rupees)|
|Income Tax||Rs.3000/- to Rs.6000/-|
|NPS (10% of Basic Pay)||Rs.5610/-|
|Total ( Approximately )||Rs. 12000/-|
ISRO Scientist Engineer Perks and Allowances
Along with the basic pay, Scientist Engineer are entitled to various allowances such as Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance, and Transport Allowance. These allowances are based on the location of the employee’s place of work and are revised periodically as per the government’s guidelines.
- Pay Scale: According to the recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission (CPC), ISRO follows the pay scales and salary structure. An ISRO Scientist Engineer’s salary is determined by his or her position, level, and years of experience. According to government regulations, the salary is revised periodically.
- Dearness Allowance (DA): In order to compensate for rising living costs, DA is provided. Based on government regulations and the Consumer Price Index (CPI), it is calculated as a percentage of basic pay.
- House Rent Allowance (HRA): HRA is given to employees not living in government housing. The amount varies from 24% to 30% of basic pay depending on location.
- Transport Allowance: Employees receive a transportation allowance to cover commuting expenses. The amount varies by grade and is updated regularly.
- Medical Benefits: Employees and their dependents are covered by ISRO’s medical benefits. In addition, medical expenses will be reimbursed, hospitalization benefits will be provided, and access to medical facilities will be provided.
- Leave Travel Concession (LTC): During leave periods, employees receive LTC to help cover travel expenses. Employees and their family members are allowed to travel to their hometowns within India or to certain destinations there.
- Pension and Gratuity: As per government regulations and policies, ISRO offers pension and gratuity benefits. These benefits provide financial security to employees post-retirement.
- Professional Development: ISRO offers its employees opportunities for professional growth through higher education, research projects, and training programs to enhance their skills and knowledge.
ISRO Scientist Engineer Job Profile
If you’re preparing for the ISRO exam, it’s important to understand the job profile of a Scientist Engineer. Their responsibilities include:
- Creating, planning, and testing frameworks for current and future ISRO projects.
- Reporting daily activities to higher-ups.
- Conducting daily experimental and research work based on assigned tasks.
- Managing and guiding subordinate staff.
- The work can be demanding and non-routine, requiring a lot of thinking and brainstorming.
- They work on specific projects for the Indian Space Research Organization, requiring extreme intelligence and attention to detail.
- They conduct numerous experiments for any given project, as science cannot progress without experimentation.
- ISRO engineers work with the central design element, combining research and routine work.
- The job profile is primarily centered around projects, research, and services.