Table of Contents
Vegetables and fruits are essential for our overall well-being due to their rich nutrient content. They provide vital vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that boost our immune system, promote healthy digestion, and reduce the risk of chronic diseases like heart disease and certain cancers. Additionally, they are low in calories and high in fiber, aiding in weight management and maintaining a healthy Digestive System. Consuming a variety of vegetables and fruits ensures a balanced and nutritious diet, supporting our overall health and vitality. Here we have discussed a few names of vegetables in both Hindi and English.
Friends, we are well aware that everyone eats veggies, and you have probably never seen anyone who does not. Our main food component, the vegetable, is also very good for our health. Vegetables of various varieties are farmed throughout. And while we are aware of the names of some of these vegetables, we are not. This is so because while some vegetables are only found in specific regions or nations, others may be found anywhere in the world.
The vegetable names must be taught in the beginning, especially to young students in the first and second grades, so that they can have a basic understanding of vegetable names (sabjiyon ke naam). So, today we are covering the names of different vegetables for students to help them learn all the names.
Vegetables Name in English and Hindi
Here is a list of 50 vegetables name written in a table in English and Hindi.
|Vegetables Name in English and Hindi
|Green Chili||हरी मिर्च|
|Sponge Gourd||नेनुआ (घेवडा)|
|Coriander Leaf||धनिया पत्ता|
|Green Onion||हरा प्याज|
|Wild Spinach||जंगली पालक|
|French beans||फ्रेंच बीन्स|
|White Brinjal||सफेद बैगन|
|Curry leaves||करी पत्ता|
|Raw papaya||कच्चा पपीता|
|Keri||कच्चा आम/ अमिया|
|Cluster beans||ग्वार की फली|
|Red chili||लाल मिर्च|
|Lotus cucumber||कमल ककड़ी|
|Runner beans||सेम की फली|
|Elephant foot yam||जिमीकंद|
|Chives||प्याज का पत्ता|
|Raw banana flower||कच्चे केले का फूल|
|Bamboo shoot||बांस के कोपले|
|Cape gooseberry||केप करौंदा|
|Jute Flower||सनैल का फूल|
Examples Of Different Types Of Vegetables
There are different types of vegetables- Leafy Vegetables, Marrow, Root Vegetables, Allium, Beans and peas. Here below are examples of them.
|Different Types of Vegetables|
|Types of Vegetables||Examples|
|Leafy Veggies||Romaine, spinach, cabbage, coriander, and basil|
|Marrow||Cucumber, pumpkin, and zucchini|
|Root Vegetables||sweet potato, radish, carrot, and potato|
|Allium||Garlic and onion|
|Podded Vegetables||green beans, lentils, and chickpeas|
|Nightshade Vegetables||Tomatoes, Bell peppers, and Eggplants|
|Stem Vegetables||Asparagus and celery|
- Leafy Veggies: These leafy green vegetables are highly nutritious and are usually eaten raw in salads or cooked. Examples include spinach (dark green and tender), lettuce (crisp and refreshing), and kale (nutrient-dense and slightly bitter).
- Marrow: These vegetables are included in the squash family and have soft, edible flesh and seeds. Examples include Zucchini (mild and versatile), Pumpkin (sweet and often used in pies), and butternut squash (sweet and creamy).
- Root Vegetables: These vegetables grow underground and are rich in carbohydrates. Examples include carrots (orange and crunchy), Potatoes (starchy and versatile), and beets (sweet and earthy).
- Allium: Allium vegetables have a distinct pungent aroma and flavor. Examples include onions (sharp and aromatic), garlic (strong and aromatic), and leeks (mild and onion-like).
- Podded Vegetables: These vegetables grow in pods and are often eaten in pods. Examples include peas (sweet and tender), and beans (various types like green beans and kidney beans, each with its unique taste and texture).
- Nightshade Vegetables: Nightshade vegetables are known for their glossy, edible fruits. Examples include tomatoes (juicy and versatile), bell peppers (sweet and crunchy), and eggplants (earthy and meaty).
Importance of Vegetables
Vegetables are essential for balanced and nutritious diets. They provide a wide range of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals that are crucial for maintaining good health. Here we have discussed a few reasons that highlight the importance of vegetables. Including a variety of colorful vegetables in your diet ensures you receive a wide array of nutrients, promoting overall health and well-being.
- Nutrient-Rich: Vegetables are packed with essential nutrients like vitamins (such as vitamins A, C, and K), minerals (such as potassium and magnesium), and dietary fiber, which are vital for various bodily functions.
- Disease prevention: Regular consumption of vegetables has been linked to a reduced risk of chronic diseases, including heart disease, certain types of cancers, and diabetes. The antioxidants and phytochemicals in vegetables help boost the immune system and fight off harmful substances in the body.
- Digestive Health: Vegetables are a great source of dietary fiber, which aids in digestion and helps prevent constipation. Fiber also promotes healthy gut microbiota, which is essential for overall digestive health.
- Weight Management: Vegetables are low in calories and fat while being high in fiber. This makes them filling, helping to control hunger and manage body weight effectively.
- Bone Health: Certain vegetables, like broccoli and kale, are rich in calcium and vitamin K, which are important for maintaining strong and healthy bones.
Names Of Some Common Vegetables with their Description
Name of Vegetable
|Brussels Sprouts||belong to the family of cabbage and are green edible buds. They are high in fiber and antioxidants.|
|Drumsticks||are pod vegetables and are commonly found in India. It is one of those vegetables that can be consumed whole as well as its seeds, leaves, and stems. They are rich in antioxidants.|
|Beetroot||is a red vegetable and is the taproot portion of the beet plant. It can be used in salads or juices.|
|Asparagus||Asparagus is a plant whose young green shoots are a good source of fiber and vitamins A, K, and C.|
|Bitter Gourd||Bitter gourd, as the name suggests, is a vegetable that tastes quite bitter. It is widely grown in Africa, Asia, and the Caribbean areas.|
|Cauliflower||is a cruciferous vegetable, and the head of the vegetable is consumed. It is a rich source of vitamin B and fiber.|
|Broccoli||Broccoli belongs to the family of cabbage and is an edible flowering plant. It is very low in calories and hence a good choice for those on diets.|
|Carrot||Carrots are orange root vegetables that are commonly consumed all across the world. They are also a good source of vitamin A.|
|Cabbage||Cabbage is a leafy green vegetable that has many layers and is grown annually around the world. This vegetable helps to keep the bad cholesterol under control.|
|Celery||Celery is a vegetable grown in marshlands. It is green in color has a fibrous stalk, and is a rich source of antioxidants.|
Why Should You Learn Vegetable Names?
Learning vegetable names is very important for many reasons. Below, we have mentioned some reasons why students should learn vegetable names.
- In a restaurant; you might want to know what you ordered. You probably want to know what’s in the food you just ordered!
- When asking for a specific vegetable at the grocery store, it can be challenging if you don’t know what it’s called.
- To follow a recipe and prepare a wonderful dinner, keep these things in mind: – Mixing up your ingredients will ruin a recipe; – Learning certain vegetable names will help you avoid a lot of frustration.
- People love chatting about food in many languages, especially in small talk circumstances!
Found this article helpful?
Reach us by means of a visit or call our senior instructor at +91-9625869989 to figure out additional information about the various choices and streams that are open.
We would really see the value in it on the off chance that you could grant a portion of your insight. By utilizing our application, tests, and YouTube class help, you can unwind any vulnerability assuming that you’re centered around getting the best grades Adda247.