Table of Contents
An article is a piece of writing written to influence or provide information to a large audience. It is mainly intended to be published in an electronic medium/ print, like in newspapers, magazines, or journals, and nowadays people are writing blogs. An article is an expression of an individual’s thoughts on an issue or a subject logically written in a meaningful way. Ideas are incorporated in a semi-formal way according to the writer’s interest. It may be for propagating news, academic analysis, current issues or debates, etc. An article must be clear, concise, and coherent.
Different Types of Articles
An ideal article provides all the factual information to the audience that catches their attention and allows them to think over the topic and act accordingly. There are mainly five types of articles mentioned below:
- Expository Article- It is the most common type of article, which allows the writer to publicize or propagate the information on any particular topic without the influence of their opinions.
- Argumentative Article- It is an article in which the author poses a problem or an issue, provides a solution, and arguments to support why their suggestions/solutions are right.
- Narrative Article- It is a kind of article in which the writer is required to narrate mostly in the form of a story.
- Descriptive Article- An article written to provide a vivid description that allows readers to visualize whatever is been described, using the adjective phrases/adjective will help you to write a descriptive article.
- Persuasive Article- This is a kind of article written to persuade/convince the reader to accept the ideas or views of the writer.
How to Write an Article?
The following ways will guide you on how to write an article in a well-structured manner, which helps you to grab the attention of the audience or readers.
- Choose/Pick the content that is needed for your target readers. Do some research work and collect the important information related to your content or article.
- Organize all important topic-related data & information in a logical way.
- Write all your content for the article to make an impact on the readers, that will help them.
- Make your content or article unique and specific.
- In the end, Read your article once, then again Revise.
- Always cross-check the grammatical errors & avoid repetitive lines.
Article Writing Format
An article must be organized in a proper way to grab the attention of the reader. It’s important for the author or writer to first know the format of the composition and also mention the details consequently.
Title of the Article
Byline (Writer’s Name)
Body (Main Part of the article
Paragraph 1 (Introductive paragraph)
Paragraph 2 (Descriptive paragraph)
Paragraph 3 – Any additional information (if required)
Paragraph 4 – Conclusion (Ending part of the article)
An article is substantially divided into 3 sections-
Let us check the article writing format you should keep in mind while writing your piece of information.
It is the first thing that eyes go on, to be noticed. It is the most important component of the format. The heading or title must be in accordance with the article. The heading of an article should be catchy and not more than 5-6 words. You can go as creative as you want to make it unique. The heading or title should be unique in such a way that the reader arouses their interest to read the whole article.
It refers to the name of the person writing the article. It is generally mentioned in the question. Do not mention your personal details.
It is the main part of the article writing. It generally consists of 3-4 paragraphs.
Paragraph 1: It is always prescribed that you begin with a short introduction of the topic and its meaning to precise. Write in short, what the article is about by giving some quotations, that will be startling for the reader that will arouse some interest to read more.
Paragraph 2 or Paragraphs 2 & 3: Now, this is the part that can be written in either one or two paragraphs. You are required to do a complete analysis of the topic or subject matter given in the question. This paragraph may include:
- The Problems– In how many forms does the problem exist?
- The Current Scenarios – then you need to explain the current situation, the problems (if required), and whether there are preventive actions and betterment measures in the situation have been observed or not.
- Advantages/Disadvantages- It may include advantages and disadvantages, depending on the topic in question.
- Causes and Effects– Develop the cause-and-effect relationship by supporting it with facts or data. You can also write the consequences.
- The Solutions- Write the solutions for the problem.
Paragraph 3 or Paragraph 4: The Conclusion/Ending. It is the concluding paragraph. It is important to conclude that you have started writing an article. Never leave your article open-ended, as it will create confusion for the readers. It is to be remembered that whatever you have elaborated on the problems, you always have to mention the steps taken the improve the situation and suggest some relevant suggestions as well. The paragraph needs to be short and precise. Here, also you can add some interesting quotes as well.
Tips for Article Writing/ How to Improve Article Writing Skills
Before writing any article it is important to know some information about writing the article. Here below are some tips that you can keep in mind while writing the article:
- Plan before writing- It is important that the writer follow the sequence. Jot down the main points and ensure that the article is in the proper sequence of ideas, introduction, analysis, suggestion, and conclusion.
- Give a title that catches the reader’s attention.
- Begin with attractive opening sentences that address the reader and get them interested in the topic.
- Present a strong argument for your ideas supporting it with examples/pieces of evidence.
- Explain Briefly- The writer should explain relevant and important points.
- Introduce a new point of view at the beginning of each paragraph that follows to strengthen your ideas.
- Word Limit- Always keep in mind and follow the word limit and write in a restricted time frame.
- Stick to the topic- It is important that you do not deviate from the topic. There are changes that you link one topic to another but always remember your main heading or title.
- Avoid repetition of the ideas.
- Make sure you revise the whole article to check the grammatical errors, after completing it.
- Read the articles in newspapers, magazines, journals, and blogs to get an idea of what the article writing is about.
Article Writing Examples
Article Writing on Covid
In the unfamiliar landscape of the COVID-19 pandemic, understanding the mysterious signals of its symptoms becomes incredibly important. At the same time, adopting protective precautions becomes a vital defense tactic. This article takes on a two-fold mission: uncovering the specific patterns of COVID-19 symptoms and underlining the crucial role of preventive measures in keeping ourselves and our communities safe.
Covid 19 Symptoms
As the world grapples with the ramifications of the COVID-19 pandemic, understanding its telltale signs is paramount. The virus paints a complex canvas of symptoms, ranging from the familiar—such as fever and cough—to the unexpected, like the loss of taste and smell. Fatigue, body aches, and respiratory distress also figure into this intricate puzzle. This section delves into these manifestations, shedding light on the subtle ways the virus communicates its presence within our bodies. Recognizing these signs becomes not only a means of early detection but also a crucial step in stemming the virus’s spread.
Covid 19 Precautions
In the face of an invisible adversary like COVID-19, our most potent armor lies in the realm of precautions. Masks, once a rarity, have transformed into steadfast companions, guarding against the virus’s entry. Physical distancing, the practice of maintaining a safe space, has become a societal norm, creating a protective barrier against its transmission. Regular handwashing, a seemingly mundane act, has emerged as a powerful weapon in disrupting the virus’s journey. This section navigates through these protective strategies, revealing their collective impact in curbing the virus’s reach. Each measure undertaken contributes to a barrier that safeguards not only individuals but entire communities.