SSC CPO Syllabus 2023- In order to ace SSC CPO 2023 exam, all candidates should be aware of the SSC CPO syllabus 2023 as well as the SSC CPO exam pattern. It is crucial to know the structure of the exam and the syllabus that needs to be well-prepared for the upcoming SSC CPO 2023 Exam for which the SSC CPO Tier-1 Exam is to be held from 3rd to 6th October 2023. In this article, we have provided the complete SSC CPO Syllabus & Exam Pattern as released by Staff Selection Commission. If you are preparing for SSC CPO 2023, do bookmark this page and not skip any topic for the examination. SSC has updated the negative marking for SSC CPO 2023 Exam, from now onwards, there will be a deduction of 0.25 marks for each incorrect answer instead of ⅓rd mark.
SSC CPO Syllabus and Exam Pattern
With the release of 1876 vacancies for Sub-Inspector (Executive) posts in Delhi Police and Sub-Inspector (GD) in CAPF through SSC CPO 2023 Exam Notification, the interested candidates must be looking forward to understanding the complete SSC CPO Syllabus and Exam Pattern. Have a look at the important details regarding SSC CPO Exam from below table.
|SSC CPO Syllabus and Exam Pattern|
|Exam Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission|
|Posts||Sub-Inspector (Executive) posts in Delhi Police and Sub-Inspector (GD) in CAPF|
|SSC CPO Tier 1 Exam||3rd to 5th October 2023|
|Mode of Exam||Paper 1 & 2- Online|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark awarded for correct answer |
0.25 mark deducted for incorrect answer
|Selection Process||Tier 1, PET/PST, Tier 2, Detailed Medical Examination|
SSC CPO Selection Process 2023
SSC CPO exam has four different phases that candidates need to clear in order to get selected for various posts in Delhi Police, CAPFs, CISFs etc. SSC CPO Paper 1 is an Objective Multiple Choice Question paper. The paper-II exam is the English Comprehension Test, while PET/PST Test is conducted to check the endurance (medical and physical strength) of the candidate.
|SSC CPO Exam Pattern 2023|
|Tier/Stages||Type of Examination||Mode of examination|
|Tier-I||Objective Multiple Choice||CBT (Online)|
|PET/PST||Running, Long Jump, High Jump and Short Put||Physical exam|
|Tier-II||Objective Multiple Choice||CBT (Online)|
|DME||Detailed Medical Examination||Offline|
SSC CPO Exam Pattern 2023
SSC CPO Exam Pattern 2023 for Paper 1, Paper 2 and parameter for PST & PET has been discussed by the commission along with SSC CPO Notification 2023. Let's start with understanding the exam pattern of SSC CPO 2023.
SSC CPO Paper-1 Exam Pattern
- There would be 200 Multiple Choice Questions in SSC CPO Paper 1.
- Each correct answer will score you 1 mark and for each incorrect answer, there would be a negative marking of 0.25 mark.
- The duration of SSC CPO 2023 Paper 1 will be 2 hours (120 minutes).
|SSC CPO Paper-1 Exam Pattern 2023|
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||50||2 hours|
SSC CPO 2023 Physical Standard Test (PST)
The candidates after qualifying in the SSC CPO Paper 1, have to appear for Physical Standard Test and Physical Efficiency Test. The details for SSC CPO PST and PET have been tabulated below.
|SSC CPO PET/PST Test|
|Belonging to Hilly regions & areas of J&K, North East & Sikkim||165||80||85|
|Belonging to Hilly regions & areas of J&K, North East & Sikkim||155||-||-|
SSC CPO 2023 Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- 100 metre race in 16 seconds
- 1.6 Km Race in 6.5 minutes
- Long Jump: 3.65 metres in 5 chances
- High Jump: 1.2 metres in 3 chances
- Short put 16 LBS: 4.5 metres in 3 chances
- 100 metre race in 18 second
- 800 metre race in 4 minutes
- Long Jump: 2.7 metres or 9 feet in 3 chances
- High Jump: 0.9 metres or 3 feet in 3 chances
SSC CPO Paper 2 Exam Pattern 2023
SSC CPO Paper-2 will be conducted after PET/PST Test for SSC CPO 2023 is conducted.
• The total time duration of the exam is of 120 minutes i.e. 2 hours.
• The total number of questions asked will be 200 MCQ and the maximum marks for Paper-2 will be 200
• The test will be of English Language and Comprehension conducted online.
• There will be a negative marking of 0.25 mark for each wrong answer.
|SSC CPO Paper 2 Exam Pattern 2023|
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|English Language and Comprehension||200||200||2 hours|
SSC CPO Medical Test
Criteria for the Medical Test is given below:
- Minimum Near Vision: N6 (better eye) and N9 (worse eye)
- Minimum Distant Vision: 6/6 (better eye) and 6/9 (worse eye)
- Must not have knock knee, flat foot, varicose vein or squint in eyes
- Eye standards should be without visual correction of any kind even by glasses.
SSC CPO Syllabus 2023
The Syllabus of SSC CPO 2023 is for two written exams conducted online- Paper-1 & Paper-2. Let's have a look at the SSC CPO Syllabus for 2023 Paper-1:
SSC CPO Paper-1 Syllabus
|General Reasoning||General Knowledge||Quantitative Aptitude||English Comprehension|
|Verbal Reasoning||Current Affairs||Percentage||Reading Comprehension|
|Syllogism||Awards and Honours||Ratio and Percentage||Grammar|
|Circular Seating Arrangement||Books and Authors||Data Interpretation||Vocabulary|
|Linear Seating Arrangement||Sports||Mensuration and Geometry||Verbal Ability|
|Double Lineup||Entertainment||Quadratic Equation||Synonyms-Antonyms|
|Scheduling||Obituaries||Interest||Active and Passive Voice|
|Input Output||Important Dates||Problems of Ages||Para Jumbles|
|Blood Relations||Scientific Research||Profit and Loss||Fill in the Blanks|
|Directions and Distances||Number Series||Error Correction|
|Ordering and Ranking||Speed, Distance and Time|
|Data Sufficiency||Time and Work|
|Coding and Decoding||Number System|
|Code Inequalities||Data Sufficiency|
SSC CPO Paper 2 Syllabus