RRB Group D Salary 2022: Indian Railways is a centrally operated department providing attractive remuneration and benefits as per the 7th pay commission to its employees. The average annual salary of RRB Group D posts ranges from 3 to 5 lakh per annum. The most attractive part of RRB Group D Salary is the overhead perks and allowance provided to the employees.
RRB Group D Salary 2022
Railway Recruitment Board (RRBs) has announced 1,03,769 vacancies for various Level-1 posts including Track Maintainer Grade-IV, Helper/Assistant, Assistant Pointsman (against RRC 01/2019). In this article, we have discussed RRB Group D salary structure, pay scale, job profile, perks, allowances for different level-1 posts in the Indian Railway Department.
RRB Group D Salary 2022- Detailed Structure
The in-hand salary of RRB Group D posts is Rs.22,000-25,000/- per month with basic pay of Rs. 18000/- as per 7th pay commission. The employees are awarded with attractive perks and allowances besides basic pay. Check the detailed RRB Group D salary structure below.
|RRB Group D Salary Structure|
|Highlights||RRB Group D Salary|
|Pay-Level of posts||Level-1|
|Pay Matrix||7th CPC|
|Pay Scale||Rs. 5,200-20,200|
|Basic Pay||Rs. 18,000|
|Grade Pay||Rs. 1,800|
|HRA||8% to 24%|
|Travel Allowances||Depend upon location|
|Gross Salary||Rs. 22,500-Rs.25,380|
RRB Group D Salary- House Rent Allowance
Indian Railways give HRA to their employee depending on the job location. As per the number of populations, the cities are divided into three sections which have been tabulated below.
|Category of City||Population||HRA|
|X||Less than 50 lakh||Rs. 4320 (24%)|
|Y||5 to 50 lakh||Rs. 2880 (16%)|
|Z||More than 50 lakh||Rs. 1440 (8%)|
RRB Group D Salary- Entry Level Grade Pay
The salary of RRB Group D posts can be defined on the basis of the Pay Band and PayScale. Check the pay scale in the different pay bands and entry-level from the information provided in the table below.
|Pay Band||Pay Scale||Entry Level RRB Group D Grade Pay|
|Rs. 5400||Rs. 21,000|
|Rs. 5700||Rs. 23,190|
|Rs. 6000||Rs. 25,380|
|Rs. 7200||Rs. 29,730|
|Rs. 8400||Rs. 34,080|
|Rs. 12,600||Rs. 40,500|
|Rs. 13,800||Rs. 51,420|
|Rs. 14,400||Rs. 54,450|
|Rs. 16,200||Rs. 63,000|
|Rs. 19,800||Rs. 76,590|
|Rs. 22,800||Rs. 88,500|
|Rs. 26,100||Rs. 1,38,300|
|Rs. 26,700||Rs. 1,47,300|
|Rs. 30,000||Rs. 1,59,000|
RRB Group D Salary- Perks & Allowances
Below is the list of perks and allowances that are permitted to RRB Group-D employees by Indian Railways.
- Dearness Allowance (DA)
- House Rent Allowance (HRA)
- Transport Allowance (TA)
- Allowance for Night Duty
- Overtime Allowance (OTA)
- Travel Allowance (distance covered beyond 8 km)
- Compensation in case of Holidays
- Fixed Conveyance Allowance
- Conveyance Allowance (for Railway Doctors)
- Special Compensatory Allowances (to employees from Tribal and Scheduled Area)
- Special Allowance to Railway School Teachers
- Special Allowance for employees’ child care
- Allowance for women with disabilities
- Medical Benefits
- Pension Scheme
RRB Group D Salary 2022- Job Profile
The vacancies will be recruited for 7 departments including Mechanical, Electrical, Engineering, Signal & Telecommunication, Stores, Medical, and Traffic. The post-wise job profile and responsibilities have been discussed below, go through the section carefully if you are interested in Railway Group-D vacancies.
The responsibility as mentioned in the below section can be different as per the requirements of the departmental officials.
Assistant Workshop (Mechanical)
- Keep track of the maintenance of coaches and wagons of the workshop department.
- They have to ensure the security and maintenance of the coaches.
- They have to prevent any breakdown of Bogie shop, Wheel shop, or Furnish shop, etc.
- Employees are posted in a carriage and wagon workshop
Assistant (Carriage & Wagon) (Mechanical)
- Promote Trip schedule Maintenance
- Addressing the issues of BPC (Brake Power Certificate)
- Ensure Pit line Maintenance
- Responsible for Intermediate Overhaul Maintenance
- Responsible for ART (Accident Relief Train) Maintenance
Assistant Bridge (Engineering)
- Giving assistance to the seniors in the construction of new bridges to be constructed by railway authority.
- Responsible for the availability of materials required in proper quantity and quality and act as a helping hand in designing the overall construction.
Assistant Loco Shed/ Diesel (Mechanical)
The employees are responsible for the care of the overhauling of diesel locomotives
Assistant Depot (Stores)
- Procurement and supply of components to major mechanical, electrical, signal, and telecom workshops
- Responsible for the maintenance of coaches, wagons.
- Assistant (Depot) also supplies spare parts to major diesel and electric locomotive sheds.
Assistant Loco Shed (Electrical)
The electrical SSE in the Railway department section is responsible for working on the TRS sheds engaged in overhauling and assembly level maintenance of 25KV AC electric Locos in electrical loco sheds.
Assistant Pointsman (Traffic)
- Handling of switches or railroad points
- Controlling the lever to direct the train to the required tracks
Assistant Operation (Electrical)
- Ensures electrical supply and assists the operation manager.
- Under the supervision of a senior engineer, he does the maintenance of electrical appliances of the train and station.
Assistant S&T (Signal & Telecommunication)
- Works under the supervision of the senior officer.
- To provide signals to the trains as per the situations.
- Part of the panel interlocking system. 4. Also hands over the token to the driver after granting line clearance to enter the block section.
Assistant TL & AC (Electrical)
- To look over the TL & AC (Train Lights and AC).
- To look over the proper functioning of the train’s electrical appliances and connections eg: proper functioning of signal LEDs, AC controllers, power Supplies, stabilizations, etc.
Assistant Track Machine (Engineering)
- Repairs the machines under the supervision of seniors.
- Also ensures the availability of tools/ gadgets required for the effective working of the track machine.
Assistant TL & AC/ Workshop (Electrical)
- To ensure the availability of tools and gadgets required by assistant TL & AC Engineers.
- To look over the maintenance of lights, bulbs, fans, AC ducts, temperature control of ACs, stabilizations & all other electrical appliances.
Assistant Works (Engineering)
- Enrolled in the manufacturing department of all kinds of rail assets like the manufacturing of coaches, every appliance of trains, platforms, sheds, etc.
- They have to create new designs for the betterment of Indian Railways.
Assistant Traction Distribution (Electrical)
- Responsible for the maintenance of electrical assets like electrical locomotives, Electrical Multiple Units (EMUs), and Mainline Electrical Multiple Units (MEMUs).
- Responsible for all technical and organizational matters connected with the efficient maintenance and operation of the power supply installations, OHE, and RC equipment.
Assistant Works/ Workshop (Engineering)
- To assist the seniors in manufacturing
- To ensure the availability of materials (tools and gadgets) required.
- Handles all the fitting and welding work in manufacturing under the supervision of their seniors.
Track Maintainer Grade-IV (Mechanical)
- Maintaining tracks
- Will have to walk along the track checking the condition of the track, attend to minor works like tightening/providing clamps, joints, etc.
- Keep an eye over the breakdown of tracks
- Provides proper, safe, and smooth track to the trains
- Look over every repair and maintenance of the track line.
Hospital Assistant (Medical)
- Providing proper care to the ailing passenger during treatment
- Taking care of medical aids & their requirements in the stations
- Cleaning Medical Equipment.
RRB Group D Salary 2022- Posts & Promotion
The employees are promoted from RRB Group D to Group C on the basis of departmental exams which are conducted timely providing an opportunity for employees to grab promotions. The candidates are eligible for the exam after every 3 years of regular service. Those who fail to qualify for the departmental examination on their first attempt can appear again. Check the post-wise promotions provided by Indian Railways from here.
|Department||RRB Group D Posts||RRB Group D Promotion|
|Assistant Loco Shed (Diesel)||Section Engineer|
|Assistant C&W (Carriage and Wagon)||Superintendent|
|Track Maintainer Grade IV||Section Engineer|
|Engineering||Assistant Bridge||Section Engineer|
|Assistant Operations||Section Engineer|
|Assistant Track Machine||Section Engineer|
|Assistant Works||Section Engineer|
|Assistant Works (Workshop)||Section Engineer|
|Electrical||Assistant Loco Shed||Section Engineer|
|Assistant TL & AC (Workshop)|
|Assistant TL & AC (Train Lights & AC)||Section Engineer|
|Assistant TRD (Traction Distribution)||Section Engineer|
|Stores||Assistant Depot||Depot Material Superintendent Grade I|
|Signal & Telecommunication||Assistant Signal & Telecom||Section Engineer|
|RRB Group D Exam Pattern 2022||RRB Group D Previous Year Cut Off|
|RRB Group D Previous Year Papers||RRB Group D Syllabus 2022|