CDS Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2023 are discussed in the article. The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts the "Combined Defence Services" (CDS) Examination twice a year for recruiting candidates for the Indian Military Academy, Officers Training Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy. The CDS 1 Notification 2023 is expected to be released in December, and the examination will be conducted in February 2023. Only unmarried graduates are eligible to sit for the exam. Successful candidates are admitted into the respective Academies after an interview conducted by the Services Selection Board ( SSB ). To clear the examination, first, you need the complete information of the pattern, syllabus and previous year exam analysis so that it would become easy for you to analyse the examination and prepare a strategy further.
CDS Syllabus 2023- Overview
CDS Exam will be conducted in offline mode and there will be Multiple Choice Questions asked in the examination. Check an overview glimpse of CDS Exam from the below table.
|CDS Syllabus 2023- Overview|
|Mode of exam||Offline|
|Number of sections||Indian Military Academy (IMA), Indian Naval Academy (INA) and Air Force Academy (AFA) – Three |
Officers’ Training Academy (OTA) – Two
|Total marks of the test||IMA, INA and AFA – 300 |
OTA - 200
|Nature of questions||Objective type|
|CDS 1 2023 Exam Date||February 2023|
|Language of question paper||Hindi and English|
|Duration of the test||2 hours for each section of test|
CDS Exam Pattern for IMA, INA, AFA
|General Knowledge||2 hours||100|
|Elementary Mathematics||2 hours||100|
CDS Exam Pattern for OTA
|General Knowledge||2 hours||100|
CDS Syllabus 2023 Marking Scheme
Negative marking is applicable for every wrong-marked answer. In CDS 2023 paper, each question carries 4 options and out of which only 1 option is correct. For each incorrect answer, 1/3 of the marks will be deducted. More than one option marked is treated as incorrect. However, if a question is left unanswered there will be no negative marking.
CDS Syllabus 2023- Subject-Wise Syllabus
Candidates can check the UPSC CDS Syllabus in the table given below.
|General Awareness (GK)|
CDS Important Instructions
- Write only in Black ballpoint pen, your Centre and subject followed by the CDS 2023 test booklet series (in bracket), subject code and the exam roll number at the appropriate space provided on the answer sheet at the top.
- Encode your CDS 2023 booklet series (A, B, C, or D as the case may be), subject code and roll number in the circles provided for the purpose in the answer sheet.
- In case the CDS booklet series is not printed on the test booklet or answer sheet is un-numbered then candidates should report immediately to the invigilator and get the test booklet/answer sheet replaced.
- Candidates should note that any omission/mistakes/discrepancy in encoding/filling of details in the CDS 2023 OMR answer sheet, especially with regard to the Roll Number and Test Booklet Series Code, will render the answer sheet liable for rejection.
- Immediately after the commencement of the CDS 2023 please check that the test booklet supplied to you does not have any unprinted or torn or missing pages or items etc., if so, get it replaced by a complete test booklet of the same series and subject.
- Do not write your name or anything other than the specific items of information asked for, on the CDS answer sheet/test booklet/sheet for rough work.
- Do not fold or damage or put any extraneous marking over the CDS Answer Sheet. Do not write anything on the reverse of the answer sheet.