SEBI Grade A Syllabus 2023: As SEBI Grade A 2023 Notification will be released soon. The candidates interested in SEBI Grade A vacancies must be rushing to prepare for the examinations. To help you in a better way, we have provided the updated SEBI Grade A Syllabus & Exam Pattern. If you are one of those who are beginning with your preparation for SEBI Grade A 2023, then you must not skip any topic mentioned in this article. To ace good marks, the candidates must prepare as per the SEBI Grade A Syllabus which is discussed in detail here.
SEBI Grade A Syllabus 2023
Being familiar with the SEBI Grade A Syllabus & Exam Pattern is the most essential step for any aspirant, to begin with, their preparation. Before proceeding to SEBI Grade A Syllabus for each subject, let's have a look at the highlights for SEBI Grade A Exam 2023 from the below table-
|Exam Conducting Body||Securities and Exchange Board of India|
|Exam Name||SEBI Grade A 2023|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Marking Scheme||1 Mark|
|Negative Marking||¼th mark|
|Selection Process||Phase-I Online Examination|
Phase-II Online Examination
Phase-III Interview Round
SEBI Grade A Exam Pattern 2023
The selection of the candidate will be done through 2 online examinations followed by an interview round. Phase-1 is a screening test and the marks scored in this stage will not be considered for final selection. The final merit list for SEBI Grade A 2023 will be prepared on the basis of marks scored in mains & interview round. SEBI Grade A Syllabus consists of two online papers for which the complete exam pattern is as follows-
SEBI Grade A Phase-1 Exam Pattern
1. An online examination consisting of two papers of 100 marks each.
2. Paper 1 will be of 60 minutes (1 hour) duration and common for all streams.
3. Paper 2 will consist of Multiple-Choice Questions, the duration of each section is 40 minutes.
4. The Aggregate Cut-off to be scored is 40%.
5. There shall be a negative marking of ¼th mark for both Paper 1 & 2.
|Paper||Streams/Subjects||Maximum Marks||Duration||Cut off|
|Paper 1||Multiple choice questions on the subjects viz. General Awareness (including some questions related to Financial Sector of easy to moderate difficulty level), English Language, Quantitative Aptitude and Test of Reasoning||100||60 minutes||30%|
|Paper 2||Multiple choice questions on Specialized subject related to stream.||100||40 minutes||40%|
SEBI Grade A Phase-2 Exam Pattern
1. An online examination consisting of two papers of 100 marks each.
2. Paper-1 will be descriptive in nature and the duration will be 60 minutes (1 hour)
3. Paper-2 will consist of Multiple-Choice Questions, the duration of each section is 40 minutes.
4. The Aggregate Cut-off to be scored is 50%.
5. There shall be negative marking (1/4th of marks assigned to the question) for Paper 2 in Phase II
|Paper||Streams/Subjects||Maximum Marks||Duration||Cut off||Weightage|
|Paper 1||English (Descriptive Test) to test the drafting skills||100||60 minutes||30%||1/3rd|
|Paper 2||70 Multiple choice questions of one mark each on Specialized subject related to stream||100||60 minutes||40%||2/3rd|
|3 Descriptive Questions of 10 marks each on Specialized subject related to stream (Answers to be typed with the help of the keyboard. Candidates opting to type the answers in Hindi, may type with the help of either: (i) Inscript or (ii) Remington (GAIL) keyboards layout)||60 minutes|
SEBI Grade A Syllabus 2023 for Phase-1
SEBI Grade A Syllabus Phase I for Paper I will be common for all the candidates and to get shortlisted for Phase-2 & interview round, the candidate must have to qualify the 1st stage for which the SEBI Grade A Syllabus has been discussed in the below section of this article.
SEBI Grade A Syllabus for Paper-1
Paper, I will have four sections: English Language, Reasoning Ability, Quantitative Aptitude, and General Awareness (including Financial Awareness). Go through the topics to be covered for SEBI Grade A Syllabus for Phase-1 as mentioned below.
The topics to be prepared for the English language are as follows-
- Error Spotting
- Column based Fillers and Sentence Connectors
- Paragraph Completion
- Sentence Rearrangement
- Fill in the Blanks
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Active and Passive Voice
- Direct and Indirect Speech
- Idioms & Phrases etc.
To analyse the candidates' knowledge for reasoning topics, the questions will be as per the topics listed below.
- Seating Arrangements
- Direction Sense
- Blood Relations
- Order and Ranking
- Machine Input-Output
- Alpha-Numeric-Symbol Series
- Data Sufficiency
- Number System and Conversions
- Logical Reasoning etc.
The candidates must go through the complete list of topics that are to be covered for mathematical section.
- Data Interpretation
- Number Series
- Approximation and Simplification
- Data Sufficiency
- HCF and LCM
- Inequality (Quadratic & Quantity based)
- Profit and Loss
- Time and work & Pipe and cistern
- Permutation, Combination & Probability
- Problem on Ages
- Work and Time
- Speed Distance and Time
- Average, Ratio and Proportion, etc.
The candidates must be aware of the general knowledge and current issues happening around them as there will be questions in Paper-1 from this section.
- Current Affairs
- Financial Awareness
- Current Affairs – National & International
- Awards and Honours
- Important Financial & Economic News
- Important Days
- International & National Organizations
- Books and Authors
- Science – Inventions & Discoveries
- Countries & Capitals etc
SEBI Grade A Syllabus- Subject wise
Check the subject-wise topics to be prepared for SEBI Grade A 2023 Exam from the below section and boost up by revising each topic till the time you are confident about your preparation.
SEBI Grade A Syllabus for Commerce & Accountancy
- Accounting as a financial information system
- Accounting Standards with specific reference to Accounting for Depreciation, Inventories, Revenue Recognition, Fixed Assets, Foreign Exchange Transactions, Investments.
- Cash Flow Statement, Fund flow statement, Financial statement analysis; Ratio analysis
- Accounting for Share Capital Transactions including Bonus Shares, Right Shares.
- Employees Stock Option and Buy-Back of Securities.
- Preparation and Presentation of Company Final Accounts.
SEBI Grade A Syllabus for Management
- Management:-its nature and scope; The Management Processes. Planning, Organization, Staffing, Directing, and Controlling.
- The Role of a Manager in an Organization. Leadership: The Tasks of a Leader.
- Leadership Styles;-Leadership Theories;A successful Leader versus an effective Leader.
- Human Resource Development:-Concept of HRD; Goals of HRD
- Motivation, Morale, and Incentives:-Theories of Motivation; How Managers Motivate; Concept of Morale; Factors determining morale; Role of Incentives in Building up Morale.
- Communication: Steps in the Communication Process; Communication Channels; Oral versus Written Communication; Verbal versus non-verbal Communication; upward, downward and lateral communication; Barriers to Communication, Role of Information Technology.
SEBI Grade A Syllabus for Finance
Financial System:- Role and Functions of Regulatory bodies in the Financial Sector.
Financial Markets:- Primary and Secondary Markets (Forex, Money, Bond, Equity, etc.), functions, instruments, recent developments.
- Basics of Derivatives: Forward, Futures, and Swap
- Recent Developments in the Financial Sector
- Financial Inclusion- use of technology
- Alternate source of finance, private and social cost-benefit, Public-Private Partnership
- Direct and Indirect taxes;-Non-tax sources of Revenue, GST, Finance Commission, Fiscal Policy, Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management Act(FRBM),
- Inflation:-Definition, trends, estimates, consequences, and remedies (control): WPI, CPI-components, and trends
SEBI Grade A Syllabus for Costing
- Overview of Cost and Management Accounting- Introduction to Cost and Management Accounting, Objectives and Scope of Cost and Management Accounting.
- Methods of Costing- Single Output/ Unit Costing, Job Costing, Batch Costing, Contract Costing, Process/ Operation Costing, Costing of Service Sectors.
- Basics of Cost Control and Analysis- (a) Standard Costing, (b) Marginal Costing, (c) Budget, and Budgetary Control.
- Lean System and Innovation - Introduction to Lean System, Just-in-Time (JIT), Kaizen Costing, 5 Ss, Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), Cellular Manufacturing/ One-Piece Flow Production Systems, Six Sigma (SS), Introduction to Process Innovation and Business Process Re-engineering(BPR)
SEBI Grade A Syllabus for Companies Act
The Companies Act, 2013- Specific reference to Chapter III, Chapter IV, Chapter VIII, Chapter X, Chapter XI, Chapter XII, and Chapter XXVII.
SEBI Grade A Syllabus for Economics
- Demand and Supply, Market Structures, National Income:-Concepts and Measurement, Classical Vs Keynesian Approach Determination of output and employment, Consumption Function, Investment Function, Multiplier and Accelerator, Demand and Supply for Money, IS-LM, Inflation and Phillips Curve, Business Cycles
- Balance of Payments, Foreign Exchange Markets, Inflation, Monetary and Fiscal Policy, Non-banking Financial Institutions.
SEBI Grade A Syllabus- Stream Wise
The syllabus for each of the specialized streams - Legal, Information Technology, Engineering: Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Research Streams, Official Language Stream is given below. Choose the stream you have applied for and begin with your preparation.
SEBI Grade A Syllabus for Legal Stream
The candidates preparing for SEBI Grade A in Legal Stream must know the complete Phase-I & Phase-II Syllabus that has been mentioned below-
|Phase I||Phase II|
SEBI Grade A Syllabus for Information Technology
To know the complete SEBI Grade A Syllabus 2023 for Information Technology subject refer to the Phase-1 & Phase-2 syllabus depicted below.
Phase 1 IT Stream
- Database Concepts
- SQL Queries
- Programming Concepts (Java/C C++ )
- Data Analytics Languages (Python / R)
- Algorithms for problem-solving
- Networking Concepts
- Information & Cyber Security Concepts
- Data warehousing
- Shell Programming
Phase 2 IT Stream
|Topic||Concept||Language to test concepts||Weightage|
|Algorithms||Sorting, Searching, Greedy|
Algorithms, Dynamic Programming,
Backtracking, Divide and Conquer,
|Data Structure||Array, Linked List, Stack, Queue,|
Binary Tree, Indexing, Binary Search
Tree, Heap, Hashing, Matrix
|String Manipulation||Length, Substring, Regex, Search||C++/JAVA/Python||20|
SEBI Grade A Syllabus for Research Stream
The candidates preparing for the SEBI Grade A Officer post for Research Stream must be prepared as per the syllabus released by SEBI officially. The topics to be covered as mentioned below.
- Demand and Supply
- Market Structures
- National Income
- Determination of output and employment
- Investment Function
- Multiplier and Accelerator
- Demand and Supply for Money
- IS-LM, Inflation and Phillips Curve
- Business Cycles
- Monetary and Fiscal Policy
- Non-banking Financial Institutions
- Public Goods
- Tax & Non-Tax Revenue
- Direct & Indirect Taxes
- Progressive and Non-Progressive Taxation
- Incidence and Effects of Taxation
- Public expenditure
- Public Debt
- Public Budget
- Budget Multiplier
Statistics and Econometrics:
- Measures of Central tendency & dispersions
- Sampling methods
- Sampling Distribution
- Statistical Inferences
- Hypothesis testing
- Regression Analysis
- Balance of Payments
- Foreign Exchange Markets
- Role of International Financial Institutions: BIS, IOSCO, IMF & World Bank
- Asymmetric Information
- Market Model
- Market Efficiency
- Primary Market
- Secondary Market
- Commodity Markets
- Mutual Funds
- Stock Exchanges
- Clearing Corporations
- Credit Rating Agencies
- Corporate Debt Market
- Forwards, Futures, Options, Hedging,
- Speculation and Arbitrage
SEBI Grade A Syllabus for Official Language
The SEBI Grade A Syllabus for the Official Language has been listed below.
- भारत सरकार की राजभाषा नीति से सम्बंधित प्रश्न (Official Language Policy of the Govt. of India)
- हिन्दी से अंग्रेजी अनुवाद [शब्द / वाक्यांश/ वाक्य / Terms / Phrases / Sentences]
- अंग्रेजी से तिन्दी अनुवाद [शब्द / वाक्यांश / वाक्य / Terms / Phrases / Sentences]
- हिन्दी से अंग्रेजी – विधिक शब्दावली (Legal Terminology)
- अंग्रेजी से हिन्दी – विधिक शब्दावली (Legal Terminology)
- हिन्दी से अंग्रेजी – प्रशासनिक/ बैंकिंग/ पूंजी बाज़ार संबंधी शब्दावली (Administrative / Banking / Capital Market Terminology)
- अंग्रेजी से हिन्दी – प्रशासनिक/ बैंकिंग/ पूंजी बाज़ार संबंधी शब्दावली (Administrative / Banking / Capital Market Terminology)