RBI Assistant Salary 2022: Salary, Perks, Emoluments, etc. are some of those things which attract candidates. Reserve Bank of India is a prestigious bank of India and it provides eye-catching salary and perks to its employees. Working in RBI is the dream of every aspirant who’s preparing for a banking job. Reserve Bank of India gives a no. of perks and incentives to its employees and with salary, it provides work-life balance to its employees. RBI has revised the RBI Assistant Salary as detailed in the RBI Assistant Notification 2022. In this article, we have discussed the revised RBI Assistant Salary, check details here.
RBI Assistant Salary Structure
The initial basic pay of RBI Assistant is Rs. 20,700/- per month (as per revised salary) with a pay scale of Rs. 20700 – 1200 (3) – 24300 – 1440 (4) - 30060 – 1920 (6) – 41580 – 2080 (2) – 45740 – 2370 (3) – 52850 – 2850 – 55700 (20 years) salary structure given below is on the pay scale details. The revised gross salary of an RBI Assistant is Rs. 45,050/- per month including Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance, City Compensatory Allowance, Transport Allowance etc. In case, the employees are not staying the apartments, they will be paid with House Allowance- 15% of Pay additionally.
RBI Assistant Salary Structure 2022
|RBI Assistant Salary 2022 (Revised)|
|Basic Pay||Rs. 20,700/-|
|Grade Allowance||Rs. 2200/-|
|Dearness Allowance||Rs. 12,587/-|
|Transport Allowance||Rs. 1000/-|
|House Rent Allowance||Rs. 2238/-|
|Special Allowance||Rs. 2040/-|
|Local Compensatory Allowance||Rs. 1743/-|
|Gross pay||Rs. 45,050/-|
|Net Pay||Rs.40,000/- (approx)|
RBI Assistant Salary Deductions
An amount of Rs. 3575 is deducted from the net gross pay of an RBI Assistant which has been elaborated in the below table-
|RBI Assistant Salary Deductions|
|EE NPS Contrib Amount||Rs. 2,970/-|
|Prof Tax- split period||Rs. 200/-|
|Meal Coupon Deduction||Rs. 160/-|
|All India RBI Employee||Rs. 10/-|
|Sports Club Membership||Rs. 10/-|
|Total||Rs. 3,375/- (approx)|
RBI Assistant Salary- Perks and Allowances
The perks and allowances provided to an RBI Assistant are an added advantage to the RBI Assistant salary. The allowances provided to an RBI Assistant are given below:
- Dearness Allowance
- House Rent Allowance (if accommodation is not provided)
- Compensatory Allowance
- Transport Allowance
House Rent Allowance(HRA) will not be paid to the employee if Bank’s accommodation is provided and the license fee will be recovered from her/him @ 0.3% of pay at the starting stage of the pay scale of Class III.
The perquisites provided to an RBI Assistant are given below:
- Bank’s accommodation subject to availability
- Reimbursement of expenses for maintenance of vehicle for official purpose
- Newspaper, Briefcase, Book Grant, Allowance for furnishing of residence, etc. as per eligibility
- Dispensary facility besides reimbursement of medical expenses for OPD treatment or hospitalization as per eligibility.
- Interest-free Festival Advance
- Leave Fare Concession
- Loans and Advances at concessional rates of interest for Housing, Car, Education, Consumer Articles, Personal Computer, etc. It will be available to regular employees who will put in at least two years of service.
- The recruits will be governed by the Defined Contribution New Pension Scheme, in addition to the benefit of Gratuity.
RBI Assistant Job Profile
RBI Assistant is a clerical level post, Selected candidates will be posted in various regional offices of RBI and these offices are mainly located in state capitals. Candidates who got recruited for the RBI Assistant post have the following responsibilities:
- Candidates working on the RBI Assistant post have to Maintain files which include the collection of receipts, maintaining of Ledger, Balance tally, etc.
- Data Entry – Entering day-to-day transactions on a computer.
- Replying and maintaining Email logs
- Replying to RTI(Right to Information) Queries
- Currency Issue & Circulation
- Selected candidates need to verify Banking Document
- Attending to the Government Treasury Work
- Coordinating with the higher authorities in terms of work.
- RBI provides 5 working days in a week with gazetted holidays.
RBI Assistant Salary- Career Growth
- Candidates who have been posted as RBI Assistant will get multiple chances to get promoted to higher levels.
- To get promoted to the officer level, one has to give service for a minimum of 2 years to complete a bond period of a minimum of 2 years.
- After that, they have to apply and appear for the promotion test.
- There are two processes for an RBI assistant to get promoted to a Grade A officer level.
- Normal process: In this process, candidates have to qualify for the written test, and based on the experience or seniority in the bank services, he/she will be selected as an officer
- Merit-basis process: Candidates have to render a minimum of 2 years of service as an RBI Assistant with a JAIIB and CAIIB diploma conducted by the Indian Institute of Banking and Finance (IIBF) is compulsory with a graduation degree.
Selected candidates as an RBI Assistant will be able to get promotions on various officer grade posts, which are listed below-
- Scale 1 – Officer/Assistant Manager, Grade -A
- Scale 2 – Manager, Grade- B
- Scale 3 – Senior Manager, Grade- C
- Scale 4 – Chief Manager, Grade -D