MBBS Full Form
The Full Form of MBBS is 'Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery'. In Latin MBBS is called Medicinae Baccalaureus Baccalaureus Chirurgiae. As the full form of MBBS implies, it seems two separate degrees combined in one area and rewarded together during practice.
Duration of MBBS
This is an undergraduate degree, with 5 years of graduation and a 1-year internship under a non-profit organization (NGO) which is mandatory to complete this degree. Thus, you can complete this degree in 6 years. After having a degree you can practice in hospitals and other health, medicine departments.
Who Can Pursue MBBS?
- Students with a Science background in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English are eligible to appear for the entrance exam for MBBS.
- You need to score 50% in higher secondary examination or pre-university qualification exam, for OBC/SC/ST criteria is 40%.
- There is an age restriction i.e. students' age is between 17- 25 years at the time of enrolment. Whereas OBC/SC/ST students get 5 years of age relaxation.
- Last but not least, you have to appear for NEET-UG that is conducted by the National Testing Agency to grab admission for MBBS in one of the best colleges in India.
What is NEET?
National Eligibility cum Entrance Test is conducted by NTA for admissions of students to NEET-UG and NEET-PG courses. To pursue MBBS, the student must undergo NEET UG which is conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) and for Doctorate/PhD courses, NEET PG is compulsory.
List of Top Medical Schools in India
Aspirants who are preparing for NEET always dreamt of these medical colleges. Top medical colleges have their perks and help in the career growth of students.
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Delhi
- Bangalore Medical College (BMC)
- King George’s Medical University, Lucknow.
- Christian Medical College, Vellore
- Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Varanasi
- Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh
- Calcutta Medical College and Hospital
- Grant Medical College
- Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow
- Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences, Delhi
- Kasturba Medical College, Manipal