NEET Exam Date 2023 Out: NEET 2023 Exam will be conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) on 07th May 2023 for the admission of eligible candidates to the undergraduate medical courses in medical institutions. The exam for National-Eligibility-cum-Entrance-Test NEET(UG) 2023 will be conducted in offline mode. There is a slight modification in the NEET Exam Pattern which has been discussed in detail below. NEET 2023 will be conducted in 13 languages, for the admission of eligible students to MBBS/BDS/BAMS/BSMS/BUMS/BHMS and other undergraduates (UG) medical courses in approved/recognized Medical/Dental/AYUSH and other Colleges/ Deemed Universities /Institutes across India. The languages in which the NEET (UG) 2023 has been scheduled are: English, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Odia, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu.
NEET 2023 Exam Summary
NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) for UG Medical courses is conducted by National Testing Agency every year. For NEET 2023, the exam is to be held on 07th May 2023 as mentioned in NEET 2023 Notification. Check NEET Exam Summary as detailed in the below table.
|NEET 2023- Overview|
|Exam Conducting Body||National Testing Agency|
|Exam Name||NEET UG 2023|
|Courses Offered||MBBS, BDS, AYUSH and other related Courses|
|Seats Offered||Admission of around 1.3 lakh MBBS and BDS seats under 15% All India Quota and 85% State quota|
|NEET 2023 Exam Date||07th May 2023|
|Exam Mode||Pen-Paper Mode|
|Number of Questions||200 MCQs (180- Mandatory, 20 optional)|
NEET 2023 Exam Date Out
NEET 2023 Exam Date has been released tentatively by the NTA along with the NEET 2023 Notification. National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct NEET 2023 UG exam on 07th May 2023. Check the NEET 2023 exam schedule below the table as released by NTA.
|NEET 2023 Exam Date (UG)|
|NEET 2023 Exam Date||07th May 2023|
|Download NEET Admit Card||Third week of April 2023|
|NEET Answer Key 2022||First week of June 2023|
|NEET Final Answer Key 2022||Fourth week of June 2023|
|Declaration of NEET Result||Fourth week of June 2023|
NEET 2023 Exam Fee
Candidates willing to appear in NEET 2022 should have to pay the required examination fees while filling the Online NEET 2023 Registration Form through any of the modes of payment- Debit card, credit card, net banking, UPI Mode of Payment. (GST (18%) plus Service/processing charges per transaction are to be paid separately than application fees
|Category||In India||Outside India|
|General||Rs. 1500/-||Rs. 7500|
|General-EWS/ OBC-NCL*||Rs. 1400/-|
|SC/ST/PwD/ Transgender||Rs. 800/-|
EWS – Economically Weaker Section
OBC-NCL – Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)
*EWS candidates have to present the EWS certificates at the time of verification. Otherwise, their candidature may lead to cancellation.
Important information for the candidates
- Candidates can apply for NEET (UG)-2023 through the “Online” mode only.
- Submission of the Online Application may be done by accessing NTA website ntaneet.nic.in. The Application Form in any other means will not be tolerated.
- Only one application is to be submitted by a candidate. Candidates not complying with the instructions shall be summarily disqualified.
- Candidates must ensure that e-mail Addresses and Mobile Numbers provided in the Online Application Form are their own or parents only as all information/ communication will be sent by NTA through e-mail on the registered e-mail address or SMS on registered Mobile numbers only.
No request for refund of fee once remitted by the candidate will be entertained by NTA under any circumstances.
The entire application process of NEET (UG)-2023 is online, including uploading of scanned images, Payment of Fees, and Printing of the Confirmation Page. Therefore, candidates are not required to send/submit any document(s) including Confirmation Page to NTA through Post/ Fax/ by Hand/E-mail.
NEET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility for appearing in NEET (UG) is as follows:-
|Qualifying Exam for NEET 2023|
Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as core subjects from a recognized board.
Class 12 or equivalent appearing aspirants are also eligible to apply for NEET.
|NEET age limit 2023||Candidates must have completed 17 years as on December 31, 2023.|
|NEET Maximum Age Limit*||The NEET upper age limit has been removed and anyone can apply for the medical entrance exam.|
|NEET eligibility marks 2023|
The class 12 percentage required for NEET 2023 exam is separate for each category and can be listed as under. NEET eligibility marks in class 12 to be considered are aggregate marks only for PCB subjects
UR - 50%,
OBC/SC/ST - 40%,
PWD - 45%
|Maximum Number of Attempts for NTA NEET||There are no restrictions on the maximum NEET attempt limit 2023.|
|Nationality||Indian Nationals, NRIs, OCIs, PIOs & Foreign Nationals aspirants are eligible to apply|
NEET 2023 Exam Pattern (New)
NTA has released the revised exam pattern for NEET (UG) along with the detailed previous year notification.
- As per the new exam pattern, there will be 2 sections in each subject consisting of 35 questions in Section A and 15 questions in Section B (out of which 10 are optional).
- There will be 200 Multiple Choice Questions (out of which 20 are optional). Each correct question carries 4 marks.
- NEET (UG) – 2022 is a Pen & Paper-based Test, to be answered on the specially designed machine gradable OMR sheet using Ball Point Pen
- There will be a negative marking of minus one (-1) mark for each incorrect answer.
- The total duration of the NEET 2022 Exam is 3 hours 20 minutes (200 minutes)
|NEET UG 2022 Exam Pattern (Revised)|
|SNo||Subjects||Sections||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration of Exam|
|1||Physics||Section A||35||140||3 hours 20 minutes (200 minutes)|
|Total||200 (20 optional)||720|
NEET 2023 Syllabus
The National Medical Commission of India (NMC) recommends the following syllabus for National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test NEET(UG) for admission to MBBS/BDS/BAMS/BSMS/BUMS/BHMS courses across the Country after review of various State syllabi as well as those prepared by CBSE, NCERT and COBSE. This is to establish a uniformity across the country keeping in view the relevance of different areas in medical education.
|Physics syllabus of class 11th|
|1 Physical world and measurement|
|3 Laws of Motion|
|4 Work, Energy and Power|
|5 Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body|
|7 Properties of Bulk Matter|
|8 Critical Velocity|
|9 Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory|
|10 Oscillations and Waves|
|11 Speed Velocity|
|Physics syllabus of Class 12th|
|2 Current Electricity|
|3 Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism|
|4 Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents|
|5 Electromagnetic Waves|
|7 Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation|
|8 Atoms and Nuclei|
|9 Electronic Devices|
|10 Nature of physical law|
|11 Carbon Resistors Kirchhoff's Laws & Simple Applications|
|Chemistry syllabus of class 11th|
|1 Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry|
|2 Structure of Atom|
|3 Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties|
|4 Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure|
|5 States of Matter: Gases and Liquids|
|8 Redox Reactions|
|10 s-Block Element (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals)|
|11 Some p-Block Elements|
|12 Organic Chemistry- Some Basic Principles and Techniques|
|14 Environmental Chemistry|
|Chemistry syllabus of class 12th|
|1 Solid State|
|4 Chemical Kinetics|
|5 Surface Chemistry|
|6 General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements|
|7 p- Block Elements|
|8 d and f Block Elements|
|9 Coordination Compounds|
|10 Haloalkanes and Haloarenes|
|11 Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers|
|12 Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids|
|13 Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen|
|16 Chemistry in Everyday Life|
|17 Cleansing Agents|
|18 Elevation of Boiling Point|
|Biology Syllabus Of Class 11th|
|Diversity in Living World|
|Structural Organization in Animals and Plant|
|Locomotion & movement Neural control & coordination|
|Digestion & Absorption|
|Structural organization of animals|
|Breathing & Exchange of gases|
|Excretory products & their elimination|
|Chemical coordination & integration|
|Biology syllabus of class 12th|
|2 Genetics and Evolution|
|3 Biology and Human Welfare|
|4 Biotechnology and Its Applications|
|5 Ecology and environment|
|6 Biotechnology principles & processes|
|8 Reproductive Health|
|9 Human Health & diseases|
NEET 2023 Admit Card
Once the examination forms are duly filled and submitted the students can download their Admit Cards on the NTA website on the scheduled date. The NEET Admit Cards might be available three days before the exam date. The admit card of NEET 2023 will be available in online mode only.
- Candidates are advised to regularly visit the NTA website and also check their e-mails/SMS for the Latest Updates regarding the release of NEET Admit Card.
- Candidates shall appear at their own cost at the Examination Centre on the Date and Timing indicated on their Admit Card issued by the NTA.
- Any request to change the Examination Centre, Date and Time provided on the Admit Card shall not be considered under any circumstances.
- Candidates are advised to take 6-8 Passport size and 4-6 Post Card size (4”X6”) colored photographs with white background.
- The photographs are to be used for uploading on the Online Application Form, for examination and also for Counselling/Admission.
Candidates will have to follow the steps given below to download the Admit Card:
1. Go to the official website of NTA NEET or click on the below link when the admit card releases on the official website
2. Enter the application number, date of birth and the security pin.
3. Click on “Submit”.
4. Admit card of NEET will appear on the screen.
5. Check the details mentioned on the admit card.
6. Download the NEET UG admit card 2023.
NEET 2023 Result
The NEET (UG) Result 2023 will be uploaded on the official website ntaneet.nic.in after the successful conduction of the exam. The candidates must keep an eye on the official website or bookmark this page to get notified when the result is announced officially.