CUET Exam Pattern 2023: National Testing Agency (NTA) has made some changes to the CUET UG Exam Pattern last year that will be followed for CUET 2023 Exam also. The students who have been preparing for CUET 2023 Exam for admission into the various UG programmes must go through the updated CUET Exam Pattern and prepare for the entrance test accordingly. NTA has now divided the CUET Exam into 4 sections where two sections are for language, one for domain subject and one for the general test. The complete CUET Exam Pattern 2023 has been discussed in the article with every information provided by NTA for your reference.
CUET Exam Pattern 2023- Overview
CUET 2023 Exam Pattern has been revised by NTA for the year 2023-24 for which the glimpse has been tabulated below-
|CUET UG Exam Pattern 2023- Overview|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|CUET Full Form||Central University Entrance Test (CUET)|
|Exam Name||CUET 2023|
|Mode of Exam||Computer Based Test-CBT|
|Test Pattern||Objective type with Multiple Choice Questions|
|Number of Sections||Four|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark for the correct answer|
CUET UG Exam Pattern 2023 [Latest]
NTA will also conduct CUET Exam in 13 languages ( Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Gujarati, Odiya, Bengali, Assamese, Punjabi, English, Hindi and Urdu). Check the revised exam pattern for CUET 2023 from here.
1. CUET 2023 will be conducted in an online mode as Computer Based Test-CBT
2. CUET (UG) – 2023 will consist of the following 4 sections namely-
- Section IA – 13 Languages (Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Gujarati, Odiya, Bengali, Assamese, Punjabi, English, Hindi and Urdu)
- Section IB – 19 Languages (French, Spanish, German, Nepali, Persian, Italian, Arabic, Sindhi, Kashmiri, Konkani, Bodo, Dogri, Maithili, Manipuri, Santhali, Tibetan, Japanese, Russian, Chinese.)
- Section II – 27 Domain-specific Subjects (listed below)
- Section III – General Test
3. The question paper will be Multiple Choice Question type only.
4. Section IA & IB- A candidate can choose a maximum of any 3 languages from Section IA and Section IB taken together. (One of the languages chosen needs to be in lieu of Domain-specific subjects)
5. Section II offers 27 Subjects, out of which a candidate may choose a maximum of 6 Subjects.
6. Section III comprises General Test.
7. For choosing Languages (upto 3) from Section IA and IB and a maximum of 6 Subjects from Section II and General Test under Section III, the Candidate must refer to the requirements of his/her intended University.
|CUET Exam Pattern 2023|
|Sections||Subjects/ Tests||No. of Questions||To be Attempted||Duration|
|Section IA||13 Languages||50||40 in each language||45 minutes for each language|
|Section IB||19 Languages|
|Section II||27 Domain-specific Subjects||50||40||45 minutes for each subject|
|Section III||General Test||75||60||60 minutes|
CUET Exam Pattern 2023- Domain-Specific Subjects
The list of 27 Domain-Specific subjects as mentioned wth the revised CUET Exam Pattern has been enlisted below. The candidates may choose a maximum of 6 Subjects from the below-mentioned list.
- Accountancy/ Book Keeping
- Biology/ Biological Studies/ Biotechnology/Biochemistry
- Business Studies
- Computer Science/ Informatics Practices
- Economics/ Business Economics
- Engineering Graphics
- Home Science
- Knowledge Tradition and Practices of India
- Legal Studies
- Environmental Science
- Physical Education/ NCC /Yoga
- Political Science
- Teaching Aptitude
- Mass Media/ Mass Communication
- Fine Arts/ Visual Arts (Sculpture/ Painting)/Commercial Arts,
- Performing Arts – (i) Dance (Kathak/ Bharatnatyam/ Oddisi/ Kathakali/Kuchipudi/ Manipuri (ii) Drama- Theatre (iii) Music General (Hindustani/ Carnatic/ Rabindra Sangeet/ Percussion/ Non-Percussion)
|CUET 2023 Important Links|
|CUET Previous Year Question Papers||CUET Previous Year Cut Off|
|CUET 2023 Colleges & Participating Universities||CUET Full Form|