SSC MTS Salary 2023: Staff Selection Commission provides a handsome salary, remarkable career growth, and job security to Multi Tasking Staff (Non-Technical) employees, which has made it quite an attractive job profile for 10th-pass candidates looking for stable job opportunities. According to the 7th Pay Commission, the salary has been revised for SSC MTS as per Level 1 of Pay Matrix along with other allowances like DA, HRA, TA, NPS, etc. In this article, we have covered in-hand salary, pay scale, career growth, job profile, allowances, and other details related to SSC MTS Salary.
SSC MTS Salary Structure
According to the 7th pay commission, the in-hand SSC MTS salary lies in the range of 18,000/ to 22,000/ per month with a pay band of (Rs.5200 – 20200) depending on the job post and city allocated. The basic pay of SSC MTS is Rs. 18000/- and Grade Pay is Rs. 1800/-. Below is the detailed tabulated data for briefing the SSC MTS Salary Structure
|SSC MTS Salary Structure|
|SSC MTS Post||Grade Pay- 1800||Grade Pay- 1800||Grade Pay- 1800|
|Cities||X (Tier I)||Y (Tier II)||Z (Tier III)|
|Basic Pay||Rs. 18000||Rs. 18000||Rs. 18000|
|Housing Rent Allowance||Rs. 4320||Rs. 2880||Rs. 1440|
|Travelling Allowance||Rs. 1350||Rs. 900||Rs. 900|
|Gross Salary||Rs. 23670||Rs. 21780||Rs. 20340|
|National Pension System||Rs. 1800||Rs. 1800||Rs. 1800|
|CGHS||Rs. 125||Rs. 125||Rs. 125|
|CGEGIS||Rs. 1500||Rs. 1500||Rs. 1500|
|Total Deduction||Rs. 3425||RS. 3425||Rs. 3425|
|SSC MTS In-Hand Salary||Rs. 20245||Rs. 18355||Rs. 16915|
*CGHS- Central Government Health Scheme
CGEGIS- Central Government Employees Group Insurance Scheme
SSC MTS Perks & Benefits
Apart from in-hand salary, the employee of Group "C" posts is provided with various benefits and perks over their monthly salary.
1. Pension Scheme- A complete insurance that will be available till the death of the MTS employee.
2. Post Retirement Benefit- Numerous benefits such as Salary arrears, Provident Fund, Gratuity, etc after their retirement.
3. Medical Benefit- An SSC MTS employee gets benefitted from the medical coverage for themselves and their families.
SSC MTS Job Profile
The 10th pass candidates who clear the SSC MTS exam and got selected through SSC MTS 2023 will be recruited on various Non-Technical or Group "C" Non-Gazetted and Non-Ministerial posts, a few of them are as follows:
- Junior Operator
- Gate Keepers
SSC MTS Roles & Responsibilities
The job responsibilities of Multi Tasking Staff is challenging and hardworking as the employee has to fulfill the following duties during their working hours. Check the job responsibilities of Group C posts before applying for SSC MTS 2023.
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the office
- Carrying of files and papers within the building/outside building.
- Physical maintenance of records of the office.
- Photocopying, sending of fax, etc.
- Other non-clerical work in the Section/Unit.
- Assisting in routine office work like the diary, dispatch, etc.
- Assisting on the computer.
- Cleaning of rooms and dusting of furniture etc.
- Delivering of Posts (Dak) (outside the building).
- Watch and ward duties.
- Opening and closing of offices.
- Cleaning of the building, fixtures, etc.
- Driving of vehicles, if in possession of a valid driving license.
- Maintain lawns, parks, potted plants, etc within the territory.
- Any other work assigned by the superior authority.
SSC MTS Career Growth & Promotion
The MTS employee can be promoted on completion of the stipulated term of service. Depending on their performances and time duration of their services, the Multi-Tasking Staff is rewarded with an increment of almost 20% after a fixed time period. With every promotion, the SSC MTS salary is increased which is described below
|Promotion||Year of service||Increment|
|1st Promotion||3 years of service||Rs. 1900/-|
|2nd Promotion||3 years of service||Rs. 2000/-|
|3rd Promotion||5 years of service||Rs. 2400/-|
|Final Promotion||Continues upto Rs. 5400/-|
|SSC MTS 2023- Important Link|
|SSC MTS Exam Pattern 2023||SSC MTS Syllabus 2023|
|SSC MTS Previous Year Cut Off||SSC MTS Previous Year Question Paper|