FCI Syllabus 2023: Food Corporation of India (FCI) will be conducting FCI Assistant Grade 3 recruitment 2023 Exam in two stages: Phase I, and Phase II. The Phase-I & Phase-II exam will be conducted online, followed by Interviews and Training. To ace FCI Assistant Grade 3 2023 Exam, it is necessary to know the Selection Process, Exam Pattern and Detailed Syllabus of this exam. This article will help you to prepare judiciously for FCI Recruitment 2023 Exam. In this article, we are sharing FCI Assistant Grade 3 Syllabus 2023, Exam Pattern & Selection Process. Let's have a look at the exam pattern and syllabus for all stages of FCI Assistant Grade 3 2023 Recruitment process one by one.
FCI Syllabus 2023 for Assistant Grade 3
Candidates are advised to bookmark this page to prepare for Assistant Grade 3 exam according to the FCI Syllabus 2023. If you know the syllabus and exam pattern completely it will give you clarity about the exam and will help you to make a strategy.
|FCI Assistant Grade 3 Syllabus 2023|
|Recruitment Body||Food Corporation of India (FCI)|
|Post Name||Assistant Grade 3|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Negative Marking||⅓rd mark|
|Selection Process||Online Test- Phase 1 & Phase 2|
FCI AG 3 Mains Result 2023 Out- Click to Check
FCI Assistant Grade 3 Score Card 2023 - Click to Check
FCI Assistant Grade 3 Selection Process 2023
For Assistant Grade 3 (General/ Depot/ Movement/ Accounts/ Technical/ Civil Engineering/ Electrical Mechanical Engineering):-
FCI Assistant Grade 3 Exam Pattern 2023
Begin your preparation for FCI Assistant Grade 3 Examination, let's understand FCI Exam Pattern 2023 for Assistant Grade 3 for each phase of online examination.
FCI Assistant Grade 3 Exam Pattern for Phase 1
The FCI Assistant Grade 3 Phase-I examination will be conducted online and Objective type (Multiple Choice Questions). Candidates are allocated total duration of 60 minutes to complete the preliminary exam. There is section-wise timing for all sections i.e. 15 minutes each. It consists of 4 sections with a total of 100 questions and a maximum score of 100 marks.
|Paper||No. of questions||Total Marks||Medium of Exam||Duration|
|English Language||25||25||English||15 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||25||25||Bilingual||15 minutes|
|Numerical Ability||25||25||Bilingual||15 minutes|
|General Studies||25||25||Bilingual||15 minutes|
|Total||100||100||--||60 minutes (1 hour)|
Note: Each question will carry an equal 01 (one) mark. For each wrong answer, there will be a negative marking of one-fourth (1/4) of the mark assigned to that question.
If a question is left blank, i.e. no answer is marked by the candidate; there will be no negative marking for that question.
The marks obtained in Phase-I will not be reckoned in the final merit ranking.
FCI Assistant Grade 3 Syllabus 2023 for Phase-I
FCI covers three sections in FCI Assistant Grade 3 Phase-I exam i.e. English Language, Numerical Aptitude and Reasoning Ability. The details syllabus for FCI Assistant Grade 3 2023 Phase-I exam is mentioned below:
FCI Syllabus for the English Language
- Reading Comprehension
- Cloze Test
- Sentence Errors
- Vocabulary based questions
- Sentence Improvement
- Jumbled Paragraph/Sentences
- Paragraph Fillers
- Paragraph Conclusion
- Paragraph/Sentences Restatement
FCI Syllabus for Reasoning Ability
- Puzzles, Seating Arrangements
- Direction Sense
- Blood Relation
- Order and Ranking
- Machine Input-Output
- Alpha-Numeric-Symbol Series
- Data Sufficiency
- Logical Reasoning
- Passage Inference
- Statement and Assumption
FCI Syllabus for Numerical Aptitude
- Data Interpretation
- Inequalities (Quadratic Equations)
- Number Series
- Approximation and Simplification
- Data Sufficiency
- Miscellaneous Arithmetic Problems
- HCF and LCM
- Profit and Loss
- SI & CI
- Problem on Ages
- Work and Time
- Speed Distance and Time
- Permutation and Combination
- Ratio and Proportion
- Problems on Boats and Stream
- Problems on Trains
- Mixture and Allegation
- Pipes and Cisterns
FCI Syllabus for General Studies
- General Science (8th level)
- Current Affairs
FCI Assistant Grade 3 Exam Pattern for Phase 2
|J.E.(Civil Engineering)||A||Paper-I and Paper-II||Candidates will appear in Paper-II Online Test for Paper-I &Paper-II shall be held in single sitting only|
|J.E.(Electrical Mechanical Engineering)||B||Paper-I and Paper-II||Candidates will appear in Paper-II Online Test for Paper-I &Paper-II shall be held in single sitting only|
|Steno. Grade-II||C||Paper-III only||Candidates applying for the post code C will have to appear in Paper-III. Thereafter the candidates will undergo a Skill-Test in typing and shorthand which will be of qualifying nature.|
|AG- III (General)||D||Paper- I only||Candidates applying for the postcode D will have to appear in Paper- I|
|AG- III (Accounts)||E||Paper- I & Paper- II||Candidates applying for the postcode E will have to appear in Paper- I & Paper- II|
|AG- III (Technical)||F||Paper- I & Paper- II||Candidates applying for the postcode F will have to appear in Paper- I & Paper- II|
|AG- III (Depot)||G||Paper- I only||Candidates applying for the postcode G will have to appear in Paper- I|
|AG- III (Hindi)||H||Paper- I & Paper- II||Candidates applying for the postcode H will have to appear in Paper- I & Paper- II|
Candidates applying for posts having codes D, E, F and G will appear in Paper-I to be followed by Paper II. The Online Test for Paper - I & Paper II shall be held in single Engineering) sitting.
Candidates applying for Postcode H will appear in Paper III to be followed by Paper IV. The online Test for Paper - III & Paper IV shall be held in a single sitting.
Paper-I is common for postcodes A, B, C, D, E, F, and G.
Online Tests for Paper - I & Paper - II and Paper - III & Paper IV shall be held in a single sitting.
|Paper Type||No. of Questions and Marks||Duration|
|Paper – I||120 Multiple Choice Questions will carry equal 01 marks. Paper will carry maximum 120 marks||90 minutes|
|Post specific Paper-II|
(in phase II)
|60 Multiple Choice Questions each carrying 02 marks. Paper will carry maximum 120 marks.||60 minutes|
|Paper – III (Subjective)||120 Multiple Choice Questions will carry equal 01 marks. Paper will carry maximum 120 marks||60 minutes|
FCI Assistant Grade 3 Exam Pattern for Paper 1
There will be 120 MCQs for 1 mark each to be answered in 90 minutes.
|Paper||No. of questions||Total Marks||Medium of Exam||Duration|
|English Language||25||25||English||20 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||25||25||Bilingual||20 minutes|
|Numerical Ability||25||25||Bilingual||20 minutes|
|General Studies||45||45||Bilingual||20 minutes|
FCI Assistant Grade 3 Exam Pattern for Paper 2
The FCI Assistant Grade 3 Exam Pattern 2023 for Paper 2 has been tabulated below as per the post code candidates are preparing for-
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|Professional Knowledge||60||120||60 minutes|
FCI Assistant Grade 3 Exam Pattern 2023: Paper 3
- The FCI Assistant Grade 3 Exam will have a total of 120 MCQ’s of a total duration of 90 Minutes
- Total Marks- 120
|Subject||No. of questions||Total Marks||Medium of Exam||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||English||25 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||30||30||Bilingual||20 minutes|
|Numerical Aptitude||30||30||Bilingual||25 minutes|
|Computer Awareness |
(with specific reference to MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet)
for candidates applying for the Post Code C (Steno Grade II)
FCI Assistant Grade 3 Syllabus 2023 for Phase 2
I. FCI Assistant Grade 3 (Junior Engineer- Civil Engineering) (Post Code-A): This post has categories for specialised persons from Accounting, Finance, Taxes, Auditing and who has basic knowledge of Computers.
- Building Materials: Physical and Chemical properties of building stones, cement (Portland), Asbestos products, Timber and Wood based Products, laminates, bituminous materials, paints, varnishes etc.
- Surveying: Principles of surveying, plane table surveying, theodolite, leveling and contouring, curvature, permanent adjustment of dumpy level, methods of contouring, tachometric survey etc.
- Soil Mechanics: void ratio, porosity, saturation, water content, specific gravity of soil grains and unit weights, grain size, Atterberg’s limits, soil classification, plasticity chart, permeability, consolidation of soils. Lab tests, moisture content, bearing capacity of soils, plate load test, standard penetration test etc.
- Estimating, Costing and Valuation: Estimate, analysis of rates, earthwork, Brick , RCC work shuttering, Painting, Flooring, Plastering flexible pavements, Tube well, isolates and combined footings, Steel
Truss, Piles etc.
- Transportation Engineering: Types of pavements, pavement materials – aggregates and bitumen, Design of flexible and rigid pavements, bituminous construction, rigid pavement joint, pavement maintenance, Railway Engineering. Environmental Engineering: Quality of water, purification, distribution, sanitation, sewerage and sewage treatments.
- Structural Engineering: Theory of structures, bending moment and shear force diagrams retaining walls, eccentric loads, slope deflection, critical load and columns, torsion etc.
- Concrete Technology: Latest technology and uses of concrete, water cement ratio, workability, mix design, placement, compaction, finishing and curing of concrete, quality control of concrete, repair and maintenance of concrete structure etc.
- RCC Designs: RCC flexural strength, shear strength, bond strength, design of single reinforced beams, retaining walls, water tanks (RCC design questions may be based on both Limit State method and Working Stress method).
- Steel Design: Steel design and construction of steel columns, beams, roof trusses, plate girders. Construction Management: Construction scheduling Bar Chart, CPM and PERT etc.
II. FCI Assistant Grade 3 Junior Engineer (Electrical Mechanical Engineering) (Post Code B):
Basic concepts, Concepts of current, voltage, power, energy and their units, Circuit law, AC Fundamentals, Measurement and measuring instruments, Electrical Machines, Synchronous Machines, Generation, Transmission and Distribution of power in different power stations, Estimation and costing, Utilization of Electrical Energy, Basic Electronics, Theory of Machines and Machine Design, Engineering Mechanics and Strength of Materials, Thermal Engineering, Air standard Cycles for IC engines, Rankine cycle of steam, Air Compressors & their cycles, Boilers Refrigeration cycles, Production Engineering.
III. FCI Assistant Grade 3 (Accounts) (Post Code G):
- Basic Accounting concept including preparation of books of accounts.
- Taxation including Income Tax and Goods and Services Tax.
- Auditing: – (a) Auditing concepts and methods, (b) Internal & External audit of companies.
- Commercial Laws:- (Basic Knowledge) (a) Basics of Contract Act, (b) Basics of Company Act, (c) Basics of Sales of Goods Act, (d) Negotiable Instrument Act
- Basic of Computers: (a) Operating System, (b) Browsers, (c) Email, (d) Memory (Internal, External, portable), (e) Chats, (f) Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), (g) Networks
IV. FCI Assistant Grade 3 (Technical) (Post Code H)
- Agriculture:- Statics of Indian Agriculture (Cereals & Pulses), Elementary entomology, Plant Protection, Agricultural Economics.
- Botany:- Cell Biology :Tissue , Organ & Organ System, Genetics, Plant Classification, Diversity, Ecology, Life Process: Photosynthesis, Respiration , Circulation, Movement etc, Basics of Biochemistry.
- Zoology:- Animal Cell & Tissue, Organ System, Heredity & Variation, Animal Classification, Micro Organism, Insects & Rodents.
- Chemistry:- Chemical bonding, Organic Chemistry : Basics of alkanes, alkenes, alkynes, alcohols, aldehydes and acids, Inorganic Chemistry , Chemistry in daily life.
- Physics:- Measurements, Basic Physics, Light, Electricity.