UPSC CAPF 2022 Notification Out: UPSC CAPF (AC) examination is conducted every year by the UPSC to recruit Grade A Officers (Assistant Commandants) in all Paramilitary Forces of India (BSF, CRPF, CISF, ITBP and SSB. Union Public Service Commission released the UPSC CAPF 2022 Notification and application form for UPSC CAPF Exam 2022 on its official website @upsc.gov.in. CAPF is a competitive exam conducted by the Union Public Service Commission to recruit candidates in the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF). A total of 253 vacancies are announced through this notification. The UPSC CAPF exam is scheduled to be conducted on 07th August 2022. The selection will be done through Written-test, Physical tests, and Interview/Personality tests.
The candidates recruited through this exam, join the forces as Assistant Commandants (AC). The following forces recruit the candidates through this exam.
- Border Security Force (BSF)
- Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)
- Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
- Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)
- Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB)
UPSC CAPF 2022 Notification
Union Public Service Commission has released the official notification pdf for UPSC CAPF AC 2022 on its official website @upsc.gov.in on 20th April 2022. The interested candidates can check the UPSC CAPF 2022 notification from the direct link below and know the details for the UPSC CAPF Assistant Commandant Recruitment 2022.
UPSC CAPF 2022- Overview
With UPSC CAPF 2022 253 vacancies are released for various forces like Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), Border Security Force (BSF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), and Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB).
|UPSC CAPF AC Recruitment 2022- Overview|
|Exam Authority||Union Public Service Commission|
|Post Name||Central Armed Police Forces|
|Online Registration||20th April to 10th May 2022 (6:00 PM)|
|Job Location||Across India|
|Language||English and Hindi|
|No. of Candidates||3 lakh+|
UPSC CAPF 2022- Important Dates
All important dates for UPSC CAPF 2022 examination have been released by Union Public Service Commission on 20th April 2022 along with the UPSC CAPF AC notification PDF. The online application window opened on 20th April and ends on 10th May 2022. Check the complete UPSC CAPF 2022 Schedule from the below table.
|UPSC CAPF 2022- Important Dates|
|Opening date of Registration||20th April 2022|
|Closing date of Registration||10th May 2022|
|UPSC CAPF Admit card 2022||Expected in 2nd or 3rd week of July|
|UPSC CAPF Exam date 2022||07th August 2022|
|UPSC CAPF Result date||To Be Notified|
|DAF- Window activation date||To Be Notified|
|CAPF Final Result 2022||To Be Notified|
UPSC CAPF 2022 Vacancy
A total of 253 vacancies have been announced for Assistant Commandants (Group A) in the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) viz. Border Security Force (BSF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Central Industrial Security Force(CISF), Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) and Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) at CAPF, check the security forces-wise vacancy distribution from the below table.
|UPSC CAPF (AC) Vacancies 2022|
|Border Security Force (BSF)||66|
|Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)||29|
|Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)||62|
|Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)||14|
|Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB)||82|
UPSC CAPF 2022 Online Form
The online registration process has started for the recruitment of Assistant Commandants (Group A) in the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) on 20th April 2022 at its official website @upsc.gov.in. Thousands of candidates who are eligible for the posts can apply by clicking on the below link before 10th May 2022.
UPSC CAPF Application Fees
The online application fee for UPSC CAPF 2022 has been divided into two categories. All eligible candidates should pay the application fee prescribed by the UPSC. The application fee shall be deposited in any Branch of SBI by cash, by using the net banking facility of the State Bank of India, or by using Visa/Master/RuPay/Credit/Debit Card. For General/OBC male candidates, the application fee is Rs. 200 and for Female/ SC/ ST candidates, there is no application fee.
|UPSC CAPF Application Fees|
|Female/ SC/ ST candidate||No Fee|
How to Apply For UPSC CAPF 2022?
The candidates can fill out their UPSC CAPF (AC) 2022 Application form with the simple steps mentioned below and follow the instructions.
1. Candidates have to log on to the UPSC website upsc.gov.in.
2. Search for the ‘UPSC CAPF Assistant Commandant 2022’ link and click on it.
3. Fill up the essential details required correctly in the required sections and submit your details
4. Pay the application fee if applicable
5. Click on the ‘Submit’ button.
6. Download your CAPF (Assistant Commandant) Application form and get it print out for future reference.
UPSC CAPF 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The UPSC has released the detailed eligibility criteria for UPSC CAPF 2022 through the detailed UPSC CAPF Notification 2022. Check complete UPSC CAPF Eligibility details from the below section.
CAPF AC Nationality
- A citizen of India
- A Subject of Bhutan
- A subject of Nepal
- A Tibetan refugee who came to India before 1st Jan 1962 to permanently settle in India.
- A person of Indian origin who migrated from Myanmar, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, and East African countries to permanently settle in India.
UPSC CAPF Education Qualification
The candidate must hold a Bachelor's Degree/Graduation from any recognised university to be eligible for UPSC CAPF 2022 Exam.
The candidates who appear in the final year of their degree course can also apply for the exam but they have to produce the final year mark sheet of the qualifying exam with the detailed application form.
UPSC CAPF Age Limit
The minimum age limit for the Central Armed Police Forces. (Assistant Commandants) Examination 2022 is 20 years and the maximum age limit for the same is 25 years. The age relaxation for some categories is given below.
|Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe||Five years|
|Other Backward Classes||Three years|
|Civilian Central Government Servants||Five years Ex-Servicemen will also be eligible for this relaxation.|
|Domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from January 1, 1980, to December 31, 1989||Five years|
UPSC CAPF Physical Standard
The minimum requirement of height, chest and weight for both men and women has been tabulated-
|Height||165 cm||157 cm|
|Chest(unexpanded)||81 cm (with 5 cm minimum expansion)||(Not applicable)|
|Weight||50 kg||46 kg|
UPSC CAPF Medical Standards
|Eyesight||Better eye (corrected vision)||Worse eye (corrected vision)|
|Distant vision||6/6 OR 6/9||6/12 OR 6/9|
|Near Vision||N6 (corrected)||N9 (corrected)|
UPSC CAPF No. of Attempts
There will be no restriction on the number of attempts. However, the minimum and maximum age limits have been mentioned for different categories. Candidates can apply for the CAPF AC exam until the maximum age limit exceeds.
UPSC CAPF (AC) 2022 Selection Process
The candidate has to go through the following stages to get selected for Assistant Commandant vacancies:
- Written Examination
- Physical test
CAPF Exam Pattern- Stage 1
- Paper I & II will be in bilingual language-Hindi & English, excluding English paper.
- Paper I is of 2 hours duration and Paper II is of 3 Hours duration.
- Paper- I will consist of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) with negative marking of 1/3rd marks for each wrong answer.
- Paper-II is a descriptive format paper that includes Precis Writing, Comprehension Components, and other communications/ language skills that will be English only.
- The questions in this paper will be of Objective (Multiple Answers) Type in which the questions will be set in English as well as Hindi.
- Paper 1 will be held from 10 a.m. to 12.00 Noon and Paper 2 will be held from 2.00 p.m. to 5.00 p.m.
- Paper-I is a qualifying stage; Paper-II will only be checked of those candidates who clear the Paper I.
|Paper Name||Time Duration||Marks|
|Paper- I General and Mental Ability||2 hours||250 marks|
|Paper-II General Studies, Essay and Comprehension||3 Hours||200 marks|
CAPF Stage II Physical Efficiency Tests (PET)
|100 Meters race||In 16 Seconds||In 18 seconds|
|800 Meters race||In 3 minutes 45 seconds||In 4 minutes 45 seconds|
|Long Jump||3.5 Meters (3 chances)||3.0 meters (3 chances)|
|Shot Put (7.26 Kgs)||4.5 Meters||—|
CAPF Stage III: Interview/Personality Test
The candidates declared passed in the second stage of the CAPF exam, will be called for the interview/personality test. The interview/ personality test for 150 marks will be conducted on the UPSC premises in New Delhi. After the interview/personality test, the final result will be declared.
UPSC CAPF 2022 Syllabus
UPSC CAPF Syllabus 2022 for Paper 1 and Paper 2 are discussed below:
UPSC CAPF Syllabus 2022 for Paper 1
The objective type questions with multiple choices in this paper will broadly cover the following areas:
1. General Mental Ability: The questions will be designed to test the logical reasoning, quantitative aptitude including numerical ability, and data interpretation.
2. General Science: The questions will be set to test general awareness, scientific temper, comprehension and appreciation of scientific phenomena of everyday observation including new areas of importance like Information Technology, Biotechnology, Environmental Science.
3. Current Events of National and International Importance: The questions will test the candidates’ awareness of current events of national and international importance in the broad areas of culture, music, arts, literature, sports, governance, societal and developmental issues, industry, business, globalisation, and interplay among nations.
4. Indian Polity and Economy: The questions shall aim to test candidates’ knowledge of the Country’s political system and the Constitution of India, social systems and public administration, economic development in India, regional and international security issues and human rights including its indicators.
5. History of India: The questions will broadly cover the subject in its social, economic and political aspects. This shall also include the areas of growth of nationalism and freedom movement.
6. Indian and World Geography: The questions shall cover the physical, social and economic aspects of geography pertaining to India and the World.
UPSC CAPF Syllabus 2022 for Paper 2
UPSC CAPF Syllabus 2022 for Paper 2 consists of General Studies, Essay(English or Hindi), précis writing & Comprehension and it has been divided into two parts.
Part A: Part A covers the Essay section. Essay topics will be based on Indian history especially the freedom struggle, geography, polity and economy, knowledge of security and human rights issues, and analytical ability. Essay questions which are to be answered in long narrative form either in Hindi or English totaling 80 Marks.
Part B: Part B covers Comprehension, précis writing, and other communications/language skills. Part B contains 120 marks. It will be attempted in English only. The topics are Comprehension passages, précis writing, developing counterarguments, simple grammar and other aspects of language testing.
UPSC CAPF 2022 Salary
CAPF notification also contains the pay structure which is divided into post-wise salaries. With the basic pay of Assistant Commandant in the Central Armed Police Force of UPSC, there come other allowances too. Check the below table that represents the approximate salary of each rank:
|Rank||Pay Scale (Basic Pay)||Pay Band|
|Director-General||Rs. 2,25,000||Apex Fixed|
|Additional Director General||Rs. 1,82,200 - Rs. 2,24,100||HAG|
|Inspector General||Rs. 1,44,000 - Rs. 2,18,000||Pay Band - 4|
|Deputy Inspector General||Rs. 1,31,000 - Rs. 2,16,600||Pay Band - 4|
|Sr. Commandant||Rs. 1,23,000 - Rs.2,15,900||Pay Band - 4|
|Commandant||Rs. 78,800 - Rs. 2,09,200||Pay Band - 3|
|Deputy Commandant||Rs. 67,700 - Rs. 2,08,700||Pay Band - 3|
|Assistant Commandant||Rs. 56,100 - Rs. 1,77,500||Pay Band - 3|
CAPF ACs Exam Centres
The list of examination centres for UPSC CAPF (AC) 2022 has been released along with the notification PDF. The Examination will be held at the following Centres:
|UPSC CAPF Exam Centres|
|DHARAMSHALA (H.P.)||MANDI (H.P.)||TIRUPATI|
Note: Allotment of Centres will be on the “first-apply-first allot” basis, and once the capacity of a particular Centre is attained, the same will be frozen.
UPSC CAPF 2022 Admit Card
As per the notification released, the UPSC CAPF exam 2022 will be conducted on 07th August 2022 at various exam centres. The admit card for the exam is expected to be released in the second/third week of July 2022 on the official website of UPSC @upsc.gov.in. The admit card is a compulsory document to carry along with them to the exam hall.
UPSC CAPF 2022 Result
The result of the UPSC CAPF 2022 examination will be released after the 20-30 days of the examination of each phase. The result will be updated here once it has been released by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).
UPSC CAPF Cut Off
UPSC release UPSC CAPF Cut Off Marks for each paper after the complete recruitment process. Check the UPSC CAPF 2020 cut off marks from the below table for reference.
|UPSC CAPF Cut Off 2020|
|Category||Paper-1 Cut Off marks|
(Out of 250)
|Paper-2 Cut Off marks|
(Out of 450)
|Final Cut Off|
(Out of 600)