IRMS Notification 2022 Out: The Ministry of Railways will conduct the IRMS exam (Indian Railway Management Service) for which the IRMS Notification 2022 has already been released on 15th February 2022. The grades, designations, the number of sanctioned posts and level in the pay matrix of duty posts included in the Indian Railway Management Service has been discussed in the below article. If you have been waiting for Railway IRMS Exam 2022, you must bookmark this page to get notified of any latest updates for IRMS Recruitment 2022.
IRMS Notification 2022
Indian Railway Management Service has published the official notification for IRMS Recruitment 2022 announcing 5166 vacancies to be recruited for various grades in the Railway department. The candidates must check all the details released through IRMS Notification 2022 for IRMS Exam (Indian Railway Management Service Examination) 2022 by clicking on the below link.
IRMS Vacancy Notification Through CSE
UPSC has released a notice on 17th February 2022 announcing to recruit 150 vacancies in the Indian Railway Management Service (IRMS), Group ‘A’ through the UPSC CSE 2022 (Civil Services Examination- 2022). Click on the below link to check the details for IRMS Recruitment through UPSC CSE Exam.
IRMS Recruitment 2022- Overview
Indian Railway Management Service Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission and this year 5166 posts have been introduced through IRMS Recruitment 2022.
|IRMS Recruitment 2022|
|Full Form||Indian Railway Management Service Examination|
|Conducting Body||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Exam Frequency||Once in a year|
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
IRMS Recruitment 2022- Important Dates
Check the UPSC IRMS 2022 important dates from the below-tabulated data.
|IRMS Recruitment 2022- Important Dates|
|IRMS Official Notification||15th February 2022|
|Beginning of IRMS Application||To be Announced|
|End of IRMS Application||To be Announced|
|Release of IRMS Prelims Admit Card||To be Announced|
|IRMS Prelims Exam||To be Announced|
|IRMS Mains Exam||To be Announced|
|IRMS Interview||To be Announced|
IRMS Vacancy 2022
A total of 5166 Vacancies are notified in IRMS Notification 2022. Check the grade-wise and designation-wise vacancies to be filled through IRMS Recruitment 2022 from the below table.
|Grades of duty post||Designation @ Railways||No. of vacancies|
|HAG||Principal Chief Manager||139|
|Non-Functional Selection Grade||Deputy Chief Manager||2325 (30%)|
|Senior Time Scale||Senior Manager or Divisional Manager||1395|
|Junior Time Scale||Assistant Manager||450|
IRMS 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Have a look at the eligibility criteria in terms of nationality, age limit, educational qualification required for applying for Indian Railway Management Service Examination 2022.
Nationality is an important factor for the aspirants of IRMS. The applying candidates must be any one of the following.
- A citizen of India
- A subject of Bhutan
- A subject of Nepal
- A Tibetan refugee who migrated to India before January 01, 1962, with the intention to settle permanently in India.
- A person of Indian origin who migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic
IRMS Age Limit
- An applicant shall have achieved in the age of 21 years and need not have achieved in the age of 32 years.
- The upper age limit agreed beyond is relaxable for the following applicants which are 5 years for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe and 3 years for Other Backward Classes.
|Category||Relaxation in Years|
|SC/ ST/ OBC/ PwD/ Ex-Servicemen||5 years|
|Domicile of Jammu and Kashmir||5 years|
|Candidates who have worked in any government organisation||5 years|
|Candidates who have worked in the government organisation on a contractual basis for at least 3 years.||Number of Years of Service|
IRMS Education Qualification
The candidates must fulfil one of the following academic qualifications to be eligible for the IRMS Exam 2022. The candidates have to produce their final mark sheets during the selection process.
- A bachelor's degree in any discipline of Engineering from a recognised institute.
- Cleared sections A and B from the Institutions of Engineers (India).
- A degree or diploma in Engineering from a foreign college or university. It must be equivalent to the degree in India.
- Passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (India).
- Passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Radio Engineers after 1959 (London).
- Passed Associate Membership Examination Parts II and III or Sections A and B of Aeronautical Society of India.
IRMS Exam Pattern 2022
There will be 3 stages of IRMS Exam 2022- Prelims, Mains & Interview for which the exam pattern has been discussed in the below section.
IRMS Prelims Exam Pattern
- IRMS Prelims exam will be conducted in offline mode.
- There will be two papers in the Prelims exam.
- There will be 250 MCQ and answers to be filled in OMR Sheet provided.
- For each wrong answer, there will be a negative marking of ⅓rd mark.
|IRMS Prelims Exam Pattern 2022|
|Papers||No. of Questions||Duration||Maximum Marks|
|Paper 1 (General Studies & Engineering Aptitude)||100||2 hours||200|
|Paper 2 (Engineering Discipline)||150||3 hours||300|
|Total||250||5 hours||600 marks|
IRMS Main Exam Pattern
- IRMS Mains will have two papers from the opted Engineering discipline (Civil Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Electrical/ Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering).
- There will be 8 questions out of which candidates will have to attempt 5 questions.
- There will be no negative marking in this IRMS Mains exam.
- Candidates will have to answer in the English language only.
|IRMS Mains Exam Pattern 2022|
|Papers||No. of Questions||Duration||Maximum Marks|
|Paper 1 (Engineering Discipline)||5 out of 8 Optional||3 hours||300|
|Paper 2 (Engineering Discipline)||5 out of 8 Optional||3 hours||300|
|Total||10 Questions||6 hours||600 marks|
Note- Up to 5% marks may be deducted in case of illegible handwriting.
- This stage is also known as Personality Test.
- It will be the final stage of the IRMS recruitment exam.
- Only the candidates who pass the written exams will be called for the Interview round.
- The candidates will be marked out of 200 marks.
- In the IRMS Interview round, the following skills of the candidates will be assessed for Suitability, Mental calibre or Mental alertness, Leadership Qualities, Initiative & Intellectual Curiosity, Mental & Physical energy and Other social traits and interesting current affairs.
Service under IRMS Recruitment 2022 Exam
Following Group ‘A’ services from Civil Services and Engineering Services are proposed to be linked with IRMS. It is a different cadre produced by Indian Railways.
CSE Group ‘A’ Services
- Indian Railway Traffic Services
- Indian Railway Accounts Services
- Indian Railway Personnel Services
- Indian Railway Protection Force Services
Combined Engineering Services (ESE)
- Indian Railway Service of Engineer
- Indian Railway Stores Service which is Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Telecommunication, Electronics Engineering Posts.
- Indian Railway Services of Mechanical Engineers
- Indian Railway Service of Electrical Engineer
- Indian Railway Service of Signal Engineer
IRMS Salary Structure
The grades and level in the pay matrix of duty posts included in the Indian Railway Management Service have been tabulated below as notified in the IRMS Notification 2022.
|Grades of duty post||Railway Board||level in pay matrix|
|Apex||Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Member, Director-General||level 17 (Rs. 225000)|
|HAG+||AdditionalMember||level 16 (Rs.205400- 224400)|
|HAG||Principal Executive Director||Level-15 (Rs.182200- 224100)|
|Senior Administrative Grade||Executive Director||level 14 (Rs. 144200-218200)|
|Non-Functional Selection Grade (NFSG)||Director||level 13 (Rs. 123100- 215900)|
|Junior Administrative Grade||Not Applicable||level 12 (Rs. 78800- 209200)|
|Senior Time Scale||Not Applicable||Level 11 (Rs. 67700- 208700)|
|Junior Time Scale||Not Applicable||Level 10 (Rs. 56100- 177500)|